[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - For those with constant twitches, shakes and the like!

For those with constant twitches, shakes and the like!

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

For those with constant twitches, shakes and the like!

Postby johnashu » Fri May 02, 2014 10:52 pm

Hi,

I'm pretty new to the FM game although i have been unknowningly suffering for a while..

Since diagnosis i have been assessing every symptom, cause and effect!

Desperately trying to 'solve' the 'problem'

Thats what i do, i solve problems..

Anyhow, the outlook is pretty bleak and management appears to be key.

I would like to describe/explain a possibly technique?? that i use which helps relieve a little of the pain caused by spasms, twitches, shaking, whatever you want to call it, stabbing, pinching, punching!!?>>>???

I think what i do is from previous study of meditation and martial arts, well techniques i still use just not as hardcore lol!

i get constant spasms, twitches, etc which feel like stabbing, punching, jerking etc.

in martial arts training, and indeed boxing. you are taught to absorb the blow, or 'parry' which means to change direction of the energy or force.

i find when i get spasms etc , when i analyze my reactions and the level of pain which follows i can tell you the following.

trying to 'take it' often leads to more pain or a knock on spasm.

if i am quick enough to preempt it, in that msecond before, i feel i can slightly, not fully direct the spasm a little by adjusted my body slightly. basically i 'go' with the spasms general perceived direction a little .. imagine if someone threw a punch at your stomach, if you stand still it will hurt more, if you move backwards and try and take as little as possible it will hurt less..

sorry if it sounds crazy, it feels crazy saying it and reading it back lol..

just a theory and an idea and i would be interested to hear if anyone else with spasms has any techniques like that or is it just all in my head lol :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :lol: :lol:
I am a Bi-polatic-Fibromyalgic.. I am Obsessive and Sceptical. I am a right Polymath..

"The only way to be always right, is to change your mind when you are proved wrong. Celebrate your mistakes as knowledge gained"
johnashu
UKFM Member

Re: For those with constant twitches, shakes and the like!

Postby johnashu » Fri May 02, 2014 10:58 pm

trying to slow breathing and concentrating on the solar plexus is also useful!

constant movement is whats happening, trying to gain SOME control of that is the general idea!
I am a Bi-polatic-Fibromyalgic.. I am Obsessive and Sceptical. I am a right Polymath..

"The only way to be always right, is to change your mind when you are proved wrong. Celebrate your mistakes as knowledge gained"
johnashu
UKFM Member

Postby johnashu » Fri May 02, 2014 11:16 pm

And for the absolutely ridiculous possible outcome is that ill end up just dancing around like boney m!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtxlCsVKkvY

watching that man dance is a fairly accurate description of an exaggeration of my spasms..

only i dont move as good lol..

johnashu
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri May 02, 2014 11:19 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: there is a whole lot of twitching going on :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby johnashu » Fri May 02, 2014 11:30 pm

Its all really about Ma Baker when it comes to Boney M.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E5sxuSRg6A

johnashu
UKFM Member

Postby johnashu » Fri May 02, 2014 11:32 pm

johnashu
UKFM Member

Postby johnashu » Fri May 02, 2014 11:33 pm

johnashu
UKFM Member

Postby johnashu » Fri May 02, 2014 11:35 pm

johnashu
UKFM Member

Postby johnashu » Fri May 02, 2014 11:36 pm

johnashu
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri May 02, 2014 11:40 pm

Unfortunately all these are my era, remember those costumes and hairstyles with mixed emotions :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby johnashu » Fri May 02, 2014 11:50 pm

johnashu
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat May 03, 2014 12:02 am

My music is Soul, love all the old Motown :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby johnashu » Sat May 03, 2014 12:07 am

johnashu
UKFM Member

Postby johnashu » Sat May 03, 2014 12:48 am

johnashu
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat May 03, 2014 5:14 pm

Glad you are still playing and that you still hear the joy, music definitely is good for the soul :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Next

Return to Help / Tips on Coping