Going to try going back to work...

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Going to try going back to work...

Postby MichelleJ » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:56 pm

Hi, just catching up on some threads. In relation to your question if people work, no I don't. I used to work full time and maintained that for a few months after this started but not worked for nearly 4 years now. Read what you copied from your other post re the occy health chap. I have a joint fibromyalgia/Cfs diagnosis and that's not uncommon, I have a few friends with a joint diagnosis of both of them. I assume I got them both diagnosed as I fit the criteria for both conditions.

I am also worse in the mornings but have to say better than I used to be since I switched from amitriptyline to nortriptyline. For me, the hangover feeling isn't as bad with the nortriptyline. There's no way I could work though, I can't even manage the house myself and have a carer here to help me with it all.

I didn't make a rush decision to not work atall though, I tried various options before making that decision. So think you are doing the right thing giving it plenty of thought and time.
Dx with fibromyalgia m.e/Cfs and asthma
MichelleJ
UKFM Member

Re: Going to try going back to work...

Postby Zia2014 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:43 pm

Thanks Michelle. I've been debating whether to try other meds, it just feels difficult to try again from the start. If I could feel better in the mornings that would help.

I'm suffering today, obviously pushed myself too hard yesterday.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Previous

Return to Help / Tips on Coping