[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Shoes!!!!!

Shoes!!!!!

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Shoes!!!!!

Postby Helhit » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:38 pm

I have spent almost the whole year in Croc flip flops, cos I haven't found any shoes that I can tolerate. I've just been out in my other Croc cloggy things cos it was raining.

It's got me thinking what to wear when it gets a bit colder. My left heel does not like any of the shoes I've tried on recently, so I'm struggling to find any that are suitable.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received - especially as I've been threatened with being disowned by my family if I wear socks with my flip flops!!! :yikes: :chicken-dance: ;-)
Fibro is like the wind. You can't see it and when it flares up it knocks you off your feet!
Helhit
UKFM Member

Re: Shoes!!!!!

Postby dotty lotty » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:58 pm

You could always say that sox and flip flops are the latest Parisian fashion :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :teddy-bear:
I think you get furry lined crocs.
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:30 pm

Linky to site. As well as the flippy~floppy styles, they also do a range of shoes and boots. Might be worth a bit of a looky to see what there is, then maybe find a retailer where you can try them on.

I also find it difficult when it comes to shoes. I can't wear heels anymore. I can just about manage a small wedge, but anything else and I'll be on my bum. So it has to be flatties. Only problem with them is there is a lot of samey~looking ones which aren't particularly interesting. RocketDog do a few funkie ones, but my favourites are Irregular Choice, with all their weirdyness and insanity :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby ..:: lisa ::.. » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:03 pm

When I was well I spent a whole winter-summer-winter in ugg style boots, I loved them.
Now I wear them in winter or cold days. I can't tolerate the heat these days so flip flops have been my choice until my feet started swelling up, there is now only one pair I can wear.

I can't wait til winter again and the boots can go back on!

I've always had trouble getting my feet in to rocket dog boots as I've always had wideish feet, now when they swell they are just ridiculous!!

Going to check out that link, I'm trying to get myself new everything as part of my "acceptance"
—(••÷[ I may ramble at times as my train of thought has crashed. Please be patient and bare with me ]÷••)—
..:: lisa ::..
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:12 am

I love shoes from Hotter. They're really soft leather with comfy soft cushioned insoles and fit like a glove. They do half sizes and different widths in a variety of styles and colours. You can find them online and are made in UK which I like.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby Helhit » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:07 pm

I had a look at the crocs, I didn't realise they did proper shoes too!!! I think I'll have to go to one of their shops.

I've tried hotter once in the past but the shoes gave me some sort of weird bunion so it's out me off trying again. Still there's a shop near me, so I'll have another look.

Love the irregular choice - they're bonkers aren't they!!
Fibro is like the wind. You can't see it and when it flares up it knocks you off your feet!
Helhit
UKFM Member

Postby Nellyphant » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:34 pm

Alegria.

They aren't cheap but they are absolutely fabulous and funky. I have 6 pairs and have been wearing them for 4 years now and couldn't imagine life without them.
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Postby Helhit » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:03 pm

Just had a look and they look fab. they've got a sale on so might just treat myself

Thanks for the tip.
Helhit
UKFM Member

Postby Helhit » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:14 am

I thought I'd update you with what I ended up getting.

Due to my love of Crocs (weird I know) I decided to stick with them. I am now the proud owner of a pair of Crocs called Alice. They look just like a pair of flats, but are sooo comfortable.

Just need to get well enough to get back to work now to wear them!
Helhit
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:34 am

Attachments
Rylie Cotton.JPG
Rylie Cotton.JPG (11.64 KiB) Viewed 11637 times

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Helhit » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:20 pm

They look fab.

I needed a plain pair for work, but some days my heel just will not let me put a shoe on, so I'm hoping that as these are so light they won't aggravate it.

When I go back I'm going to get it put in my notes that I might have to wear my Croc clogs on bad days.
Helhit
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:36 pm

ha ha ha, are you me??

I have the same problem but its my right heel that gives me jip....not just the heel but my Achilles as well! being off work for the last few week ive spent my life in flip flops, not the toe post sort, i cannot abide them! Ive got some converse that are really good for me, especially as i can tie them as tight as i need for each foot.
Ive been told by a podiatrist i need trainer like shoes preferable lace ups.

when im more out and about im going to look for some of the skechers go walk shoes and see if they are any good x
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby Helhit » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:58 pm

I'm your almost identical twin cos it's my left ankle that hurts. :-D I have worn nothing but Croc flip flops since April and now have 2 lovely V signs on both feet!

I had sciatica a couple of years ago and that was mainly down my left side. Somehow it's all connected.

I have a pair of sketcher boots that are lovely to wear. They're a bit like uggs. I've seen those walking shoes and they look quite good. Only trouble is they look a bit holely - not so sure how they'd fair in the rain.

Btw I went away in caravan with hubby and a group of friends a couple of weeks ago, the husbands of 2 went to the pub and got lost in the woods nearby on the way. We had to walk through a field to help them find their way back. I wasn't prepared at all, so off I went in my shorts and flip flops. It was only when we had rescued them that we walked back whilst shining a torch in front of us. Within the first 10 steps we'd seen 2 dead rabbits and 1 dead bird - erggggggghhhhhhhh what had we been walking on!!!!????? And all in my flip flops!!! :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Helhit
UKFM Member

Postby becbob » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:57 pm

The only shoes I can wear are skechers go walks. Most comfiest pair of shoes EVER. They're about £50 a pair but it's sooo worth it. No need to wear them in. Just wish they did slippers too.
Never judge on looks alone. Real beauty comes from with in.
becbob
UKFM Member

Postby Allytoli » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:45 pm

I too have been living in my Crocs all summer. However this weekend I went to Westfield at Stratford and saw the Crocs store. I went in as even the Crocs I was wearing weren't helping so much.
I discovered Blittzen II clogs. They are a solid clog with an imitation fleece lining, OMG BLISS. :-D :-D :-D :-D
The soles are thicker and so much more comfy and with the fleece lining, I have found my winter shoe. I don't care that they are a bit clumpy, I have to go for comfort. My daughter did say that within me taking a few steps she could see I was walking better. They do come up about a half size smaller than the normal Crocs due to the lining but I'm a 5&1/2 so the size M6/W8 that I normally wear still fits me in this style. You must try them, well worth every penny of the £40 they cost. Shame the makers don't sell the linings separately though but if mine wear out I reckon a pair of slipper socks should work okay
Attachments
Screenshot_2014-10-13-13-48-47.jpg
Blitzen II clog
Screenshot_2014-10-13-13-48-47.jpg (273.2 KiB) Viewed 11480 times
Allytoli
UKFM Newbie

Next

Return to Help / Tips on Coping