[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Home made remedy

Home made remedy

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Home made remedy

Postby Deep pain » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:57 pm

Hi all, just thought I would share something that I have been using for 4 or 5 days now which seems to be helping with the pain.

I stumbled across something online which mentioned using fresh lemon juice and honey mixed in luke warm water. I have been drinking this concoction 3 times a day and it has helped.

Just hope it's not a placebo affect and that it continues. You do need to ensure that the water isn't boiling as you would then lose the goodness of the honey.

Hope this helps others too.
Deep pain
UKFM Member

Re: Home made remedy

Postby HazelB » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:45 pm

I drink this regular for sore throats... Might try it for a week or two and see if it makes any difference to general pains x

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:20 pm

Glad to hear you have found something that seems to be helping and thanks for sharing :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Deep pain » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:27 pm

No worries you are most welcome. I was diagnosed just over two years ago now and have found forums such as these invaluable. Therefore it's only right that we share ideas between us.
Deep pain
UKFM Member

Postby Deep pain » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:35 pm

Just a quick update on the above. Looks like it was a placebo affect as the last few days have been terrible again :(

Oh well plan B now which is to try turmeric tablets. Have an appointment with my GP next week so will discuss with him to see if it's ok to take with all the meds that I am on.

:cry: :cry:
Deep pain
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:16 pm

Sorry to hear the results weren't quite what you were hoping for. You gave it a go tho, which is the only way to find out if something can help.

If you do go ahead with the turmeric, try to prepare yourself for it being a number of weeks before any benefits may be felt. There are a few who have said they have noticed a difference within a matter of days, for the majority tho, anything from 2 to 8 weeks has been reported for a difference to be felt.

Also, try to best quality stuff that your budget will allow. It is the curcumin that is supposed to have all the goodyness~doing stuff, so the higher the percentage of curcumin, the more effective it is said to be. I'm on a Turmeric User Group on FaceBook, and give it to my doglet as she has arthritis, dislocating kneecap problems and a few other issues. They recommend a minimum of 3% curcumin to be present for things to work at optimum rates, so maybe a look into what might be best for huu~mons before buying the stuff would be a wise step, to make sure you're getting the best for your money.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Deep pain » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:30 pm

Many thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

I was going to try a suggestion that someone else has suggested on a different post on this forum. It was "nature's best" turmeric tablets 10,000 mg which claim to have 95% curcumins. Not being an expert on this I assume that they are ok.

I would be grateful for any further thoughts people have on these.

Thanks
Deep pain
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:46 pm

Are these the ones from I've only had a brief looky, but they do seem to be well rated. You could ask Mr Googley about more reviews, see how many independent ones there are, both good and bad.

The amounts I work on are based on what a doglet needs, so I'm not entirely sure about what a huu~mon needs. If you're still having a few wonderings, you could always give Nature's Best a call for some extra advice.

Rather than giving the doglet the capsules, I empty them into a jar with some oil and a few grinds of black pepper and some oil, shake it up, then mix it into her dinner.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Deep pain » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:35 pm

Yep they are the ones. I read somewhere else that they should be taken with black pepper and oil although not sure which oil it should be taken with ?

Thanks
Deep pain
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:41 pm

Coconut, linseed and extra Virginia olive oil are the best and black pepper works like an activator to kick start the process.

Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything xx

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Deep pain » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:48 pm

Many thanks much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time out to reply.
Deep pain
UKFM Member

Postby Mercia » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:56 am

Are Turmeric tablets ok with fibro with ibs, someone told me that they did not suit her and had made her ibs worse, would love to try anything that helps
Mercia
UKFM Newbie

Return to Help / Tips on Coping