[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi Everyone

Postby Joy » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:54 pm

Hi Everyone

I'm new to the forum..... my name is Joy and I'm a carer for my Husband, who was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 8 years ago.

I just wondered if anyone else is a carer and how they cope as I do find this difficult at times and wish I could take his fibromyalgia away as he is in so much pain.

I'm going to be taking a good look through the posts as they all look really familiar as they pretty much mirror our day to day lives, which is, in one respect, a relief - someone else knows how it feels!

Looking forward to speaking to you all soon :wink:

Joy
-x-
Joy
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:49 pm

Hi Joy and welcome to the site (((xxx)))

Your hubby is a luck man to have someone who cares that much looking after him.

Any questions just ask and someone will be along to help.

Gill x x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Joy » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:47 am

Thanks for the welcome Gill - its lovely to meet you :D

Joy
-x-
Joy
UKFM Member

Postby petrina » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:59 am

Hi joy welcome ,I also am new to this site, but have found it so helpful already meeting new people who understand, I can totally understand how you feel as I see in my Husband eyes how it effects him to see me in pain but just to know someone loves me and cares helps , i m sure your husband feels the same.
pmm** :)
petrina
UKFM Member

Postby Joy » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:42 am

Thank you so much for your lovely reply Petrina; its made me feel a little better I must admit :D although I don't feel like much help to be honest, but perhaps just being there helps. I think its difficult for family too, to understand - I've offered books for them to read, but they haven't taken me up on the offer; I've tried talking and sharing feelings, but it doesn't really work either.

We have one son, who is 8 and is starting to ask a lot of questions now - why Dad doesn't work and so on, which I'm finding a bit difficult to deal with emotionally speaking, but he seems quite content with the answers I give him.

What is a relief is to meet people that understand how our every day life is - I don't think we don't have a support group near to us, so finding the forum has been a godsend.

Thank you once again.

Joy
-x-
Joy
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:08 am

Just having someone who understands is a great help Joy. The fact that you believe in his illness and that you are there for him makes it far more bearable. ((xx))
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Joy » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:30 am

Thanks for the reply Gill.

I think thats the most difficult part to be honest - not that I don't believe him, I've seen the pain, the mental torment of wondering if its all in his head, the relief to know "what" it is and why things happen, but we both do feel that some people, family included, don't believe, or, I hope, don't realise moreso, the extent of the pain my hubby is in, not to mention how low he becomes too.

I know I do get quite defensive at times and angry with people's attitudes, but I can't help it - I recently even approached one guy who was just about to write down our car registration number because we were parking in a disabled bay (legitimately) - my hubby is only 35 you see, so we do get this quite a lot. The bloke denied it of course, but he was poised with his pen and paper - god knows what I must have looked like lol or more to the point, what took over me lol :oops:

Joy
-x-
Joy
UKFM Member

Postby mistyblu » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:50 pm

mistyblu
UKFM Member

Postby Joy » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:26 pm

Joy
UKFM Member

Postby luuluu » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:11 pm

what other people think of me is really none of my business
luuluu
UKFM Member

Postby Joy » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:22 pm

Joy
UKFM Member

Postby claire edwards » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:38 pm

Diagnosed with fibromyalgia, it would be good to hear from people as a form of support and to support.
claire edwards
UKFM Member

Postby Joy » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:41 pm

Joy
UKFM Member

hi JOy

Postby princess » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:53 pm

princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Joy » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:28 am

Hi Princess

Hi - its lovely to meet you :D