[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Muscle spasms

Muscle spasms

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Muscle spasms

Postby keaedmondson » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:26 pm

Hi all,
Does anybody have any tips on how to deal with muscle spasms? I don't know if it's because of the cold but I seem to be getting them quite a lot at the moment. Sometimes when I try and stretch to do something and sometimes, like last night, frequently, just when I
trying to get to sleep and get comfortable!
keaedmondson
UKFM Member

Re: Muscle spasms

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:17 pm

They are something that seems to affect quite a few of us at times. I find they are worse when I'm tired or upset/stressed. Sometimes massaging the twitchy bits of me can help settle things back down. From what I can recall, bathing in Epsom salts could have a beneficial effect, as could adding a magnesium supplement each day....I think :-? :-? :-? Have you tried using the Search box??? This comes up quite regularly, so there should be a number of mentions in amongst all the topics.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby dazzleship » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:03 pm

hi

fluppy's suggestion of massage is a good one. I find that helps me with cramps and 'knots' that I get in muscles a lot. we recently bought a little massager from 'tiger stores' which is battery operated and is really good. :-) here is link in case you have a tiger store near you

also a TENS machine I also find useful. definitely for cramping, uncomfortable pains I get in my legs.
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby keaedmondson » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:09 pm

Thanks both! I will look into both these things. I do take magnesium but have stopped for the last few days because the pills I have are quite big and I'm finding hard to swallow and I find it impossible to break then in half … And it sounds stupid… But maybe that is one reason why the spasms are suddenly worse… I do have magnesium in my bath so I still am getting it and maybe in a better way…
keaedmondson
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:53 pm

If its in my whole spine I cry, scream and wriggle around. Not great but, thats how badly it affects my spine. Thankfully it doesn't happen often! I did have a milder one in my back when I was lying down in bed. It felt more to my left side this time as opposed to the whole spine. I bought a heated under blanket which I had on at the time (every night in do fact) so all I could think of doing at that point was to lie as straight as I could and let the heat do the work. I use Epsom salts in my bath when I'm aching all over too. Recently ordered some supplements to see if it reduces my pain.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping