[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Natural Remedies

Natural Remedies

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Natural Remedies

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:03 pm

Before starting these remedies do check out if there could be any potential interactions between them and anything else you may be using. Also some remedies nay need to be taken at the same with something else for them to be absorbed and usable by your body. It might also be wise to check if there are any foods that shouldn't be consumed whilst using the remedies, just to be sure and that you can get the best you possibly can from them.

Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything xx

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Lettuce leaf » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:01 pm

Hi, I'm new to the site and found this thread. I've only been on my medication (lyrica) for 4 months and fed up already with the side effects. I would love to go the natural route to help myself so will be looking into thinks to help. One thing I do have is slippery elm powder for the chronic constipation from the sodding drugs. I have two teaspoons in hot rice milk with choc shot liquid before bed. It works a treat. It tastes similar to malted horlicks drink. :-D :-D :-D
Lettuce leaf
UKFM Newbie

Postby dobermann84 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:25 am

I have found that magnesium oil was really helpful, a great muscle relaxer. I also take turmeric capsules and serrapeptase. PEMF therapy was great for dealing with flare-ups as it works wonders for pain management. I was able to rent an IMRS 2000 from the pemf centre in hertfordshire. And the most important thing for me was avoiding sugar and fruit. Eating sugar would cause a flare-up no matter how well I was doing.
dobermann84
UKFM Newbie

Postby Jo90 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:32 am

I take turmeric capsules and alpha lipoic acid. No prescribed medications. I can tell the difference if I forget to take them so they must be doing some good.
Jo90
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Help / Tips on Coping