[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - How to get access to crutches

How to get access to crutches

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

How to get access to crutches

Postby valaura » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:50 pm

I MUST HAVE BEEN SO BAD IN MY OTHER LIFE!!
valaura
UKFM Member

Postby MCT » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:43 pm

Last edited by MCT on Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
MCT
UKFM Member

Postby Corinne » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:15 am

Corinne
UKFM Member

Postby AllyD » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:51 pm

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim
AllyD
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:59 am

LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

access to crutches.

Postby smiler22 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:57 pm

live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby Corinne » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:13 pm

Corinne
UKFM Member

crutches

Postby Melissa » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:21 pm

I've been using 2 forearm crutches for 3 years now. GP didn't want to prescribe them, so I just bought a pair. They're not terribly expensive, if you look around the internet. I recommend the full cuff kind over the half cuff style, since the stay attached to your arms.

As for becoming dependent on the crutches, I don't think it's a big issue. It's actually more of an issue for other people who worry about me being dependent on them, especially since I'm only 24 and use the crutches all the time. Well sorry, but I feel much steadier with the crutches and can walk much farther and more easily with them. Have I become dependent on them? I suppose so. I have no plans to ever stop using them and they're really only a minor inconvenience. I can't see where my life would be any better if I got rid of them. I would probably stay in the house too much.

Hope this helps.

Melissa
Melissa
UKFM Member

Postby AllyD » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:06 pm

Thanks all for the advice, I have made an appointment with OT, not for crutches but to see if they can recommend gadgets etc to help me dress and cook. I will prob mention the crutches thing cos walking is especially difficult these days, its not nice seeing ageing grannies and grandpas rushing on ahead of me to the shops, they are already in their house having a cup of tea while I just making it back to the door. lol
Ally
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim
AllyD
UKFM Member

Postby tine » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:46 am

Hi Ally

Getting an appointment for an OT is a good idea. Mine came ot visit me in my home where she could see the problems that I was having with everyday tasks. She had a look around the house and had a chat, then a few days later I had a delivery of a stool, step for the bath, a walking stick, and various other small aids. A week later a chap turned uo to fit a new hand rail on my stairs, rails in my bathroom ect ect. Really useful stuff.

Just wanted to share my positive experience (nice for a change)

Good luck

Tine xx :)
tine
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping