[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Crutch users

Crutch users

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Crutch users

Postby Melissa » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:29 pm

I've been using forearm crutches for the past 3 years. I use the full cuff kind. Thinking about getting a pair of the half cuff kind so I dont have to "put them on" and "take them off" all the time, especially in the winter if I'm wearing a heavy coat.

Who has an opinion on which is better? Will I be as steady on the half cuff kind as on the full cuff? This is important since I do a lot of walking.

Thanks

Melissa
Melissa
UKFM Member

Postby helen virgo » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:34 pm

Hi Melissa

I recenlty tried half cuffs and had real problems, I was nowhere near as steady and stumbled a lot, felt very insecure so went back to full cuff.

Helen x
helen virgo
UKFM Member

Postby Beanie.J » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:44 am

I have a pair of each - I used to prefer my half-cuff ones but my balance is pretty atrocious thus I kept stumbling and falling with them. Also, finding somewhere to prop up a half-cuff crutch when you need a free hand can be a real nuisance and was one of the reasons I went back to full cuff ones - at least I can leave it on my arm and still use my hand to do something else, such as pay for stuff in the shop.
Beanie.J
UKFM Member

Postby highlandlass » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:49 am

highlandlass
UKFM Member

Postby Beanie.J » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:37 pm

Beanie.J
UKFM Member

Postby highlandlass » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:06 pm

I know I should --- it's just that I only go to her when I am desperate and she makes me feel - well, she did tell me once, when I was trying for DLA that I was not disabled. Sometimes I go the the other practice DRs but I feel that none of them really understand.

One of the Drs wife's go to our art group and one day they were all talking about everyone having to deal with pain, her hubby has rheumatics or something and is always in pain!!!!!! I thought it was discussed especially for me - to just get on with it. :( :( :(

Oh, I'm moaning again, must laugh :lol: :lol: :lol:
highlandlass
UKFM Member

Postby Beanie.J » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:19 pm

Sounds to me like you need a new GP...one who takes your problems seriously and not one who obviously thinks that FM isn't 'real'.

As to the GP's wife, if it was discussed 'especially for you' then that would be a breach of ethics on your doctor's part, since patient cases should not be discussed outside of the surgery. Also, poor form on his wife's part there for making a thing out of it in front of others. I hate people who have to make comparisons all the time.

Ah, nothing like a good moan...t'is good for the soul. :)
Beanie.J
UKFM Member

Postby highlandlass » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:07 pm

Yeh!! Not a lot of choice here though. We were spoiled with our last gp's. There are 4 now where there was only 2 and we don't get the same consideration. :cry:
highlandlass
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping