Flying

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Flying

Postby Toe » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:10 pm

Hi guys,

Little bit concerned about going to see my mum who lives in spain, I am going to see her next week and concerned if i will be ok? with the pressure on the plane and all that?

Any advice or reassurance?

I appreciate your time xxxx :roll:
Toe

Flying

Postby Kristine » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:34 am

Hi Toe,

I flew to and from New Zealand in Nov/Dec, a bit farther than Spain but here's some tips to help you. The pressure in the plane shouldn't be a worry, but do try to make sure you get a seat on the aisle for ease of getting up if you have to, ideally if you could get a bulkhead seat that would be better. Tell the booking people that you have difficultly getting up out of your seat, they always seem to want to be helpful.
I got wheelchair assistance the time I went to NZ before last year as I couldn't walk long distances, its great, someone comes to get you at check-in, I don't know about you but I find it hard to stand for very long, and then wheels you to the plane, usually you get boarded in front of everyone else, then you get picked up again at the other end and wheeled through immigration. You do have to organise all of this before you go and if anyone slips up, remind the cabin crew.
I do hope you enjoy your visit with your Mum.

Kristine
Kristine
UKFM Member

Postby Toe » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:06 pm

Kristine thank you for your time to answer my question , I will take everything on board that you have advised.

Speak soon xxxxxxxxxxx
Toe

Postby jacque » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:19 pm

Hi toe

My mum also lives in spain, i was allowed to sit in the middle of the plane, where the doors are, there is more leg room there, where you can stretch your legs

enjoy your holiday

jacque x
jacque
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping