[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - QUICK TIPS TO HELP YOU DAY BY DAY

QUICK TIPS TO HELP YOU DAY BY DAY

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby princess » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:58 pm

You can get padded toilet seats for those who had boney bums (honestly)
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:00 pm

I put foam insoles into everything i wear on my feet - even slippers and trainers - it really does helps the foot comfort when you have to wear shoes. Get them from Timsons about £3 a pair, but you can buy one pair cut them to size of your shoes and change into whatever you are wearing.

fiona
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby cat123 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:10 pm

Hey princess ,its not only a padded toilet seat i need,its a heated one!Its worse when you are outdoors ,toilet seats are piggin freezin!I lay toilet roll on them,because it really hurts me when i sit on a cold one.I know you can buy heated seats,but i dont fancy a shock up the jacksie!!! ..........cat :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:13 pm

Cat hahahahahahahaha

Bachs - rescue remedy if you feel a tat nervous.
It is safe on children and animals and of couse us humans and tastes a little like whisky.
Take it and minutes later you feel a bitty chilled out.
Wouldn't be without it now.
I use it when i go to Dentist as i get very very nervous.

princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Freddy's gal » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:04 am

I'll nick one from Princess (well a wee bit)

Bachs - rescue remedy night, helps to aid sleep especially when your mind won't shut down for the night.

I also found that satin sheets work, they sound like they will make you really cold but I found that they are lovely and soft and once you have heated up in bed they are quite warm too!

Freddy's gal
Freddy's gal
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:22 am

I need that toilet seat too :shock:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby princess » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:28 pm

Take a glass of something for your bedside table - as tablets can really dry up your mouth.
And suck polo mints during the day for the same.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby sammi » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:53 pm

sammi
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:17 pm

princess
UKFM Regular

Postby andypandy08 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:54 pm

Chewing gum for those dry mouths

if out of bed late at night try not to drink lots of tea , its sure to make you wanna pee a lot and it might keep you awake more :(
Fibromyalgia does not define me ~ my spirit does. the path may be different,but the journey is still the same
andypandy08
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:04 pm

i wear a very loose bum bag - it severely limits what i can carry with as i was in the habit of taking the proverbial kitchen sink and i find it more comfortable than a shoulder strap.
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby Mr.A » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:22 pm

Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby andypandy08 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:45 pm

I deal with it by helping others worse off than me from day to day

and meeting up on here with all my freinds :D

This forum is a godsend to me

Drew
Fibromyalgia does not define me ~ my spirit does. the path may be different,but the journey is still the same
andypandy08
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:18 pm

Put an old quilt or padding under the sheet on your bed - its so comfy and i keep it there summer and winter - it helps when you are very sore. Then a pillow between your knees and lie on your side.

That what i have to do wtih bad pain.

princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby andypandy08 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:23 pm

works a treat princess hon thanks

some sleep at last however today has been reel bad ! :cry:
andypandy08
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Help / Tips on Coping