[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Virtual Hugs

Virtual Hugs

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Virtual Hugs

Postby Arnu » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:46 pm

Arnu
UKFM Member

Re: Virtual Hugs

Postby Withane » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:05 pm

Argghh - lovely lovely lovely! :lol: :lol: :lol: Would fit the bill perfectly! :needhug:

Withane x
Moving into acceptance about having FM - but that doesn't mean I like it!
Withane
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:45 pm

I wondered about that.. I can manage the odd hug but massage... no way, it would have me in a flare for a week or more.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Arnu » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:20 pm

Hiya Gill, Lisa

How I manage to go for massages when I am so sensitive to touch.

I put up with the pain it causes in exchange for the benefits gained (The sorness caused is better than the shooting pained sharp shabbing pains it has helped reduce), it also helps with mental because my sensitivity make me feel isolated.

Andrea the holistic therapist uses a modified form of massage that is only about a quarter to a third of the normal pressure used (I let her know when somewhere is too painful to work on and that area is left alone), she also doesn't use the pummelling and needing techniques.

My sensitivitly levels had started to show signs of improvement over through February and March but since just before Easter they have gotten worse again.

I find that the pressure from hugs, handshakes, pats on the shoulder and the like to be uncomfortable on a good day to extremely painful (so I avoid all but the handshakes - alway been keen on hand shakes - and then I try and be careful).

In short I swap one type of pain for another more tolerable pain.

I hope that explains

Hiya Withane

Here's your virtual hug :hugs:

Take care

Andie
Arnu
UKFM Member

Postby Withane » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:16 am

Hi Andie

Thanks for my virtual hug :hugs: !

Booked a back massage for tonight - so hope I cope! BRING on some benefits!

Go gently

Withane :wave:
Withane
UKFM Member

Postby Arnu » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:50 pm

Hiya Withane

All the best for tonights massage. Remember to communicate with your therapist so they are aware of your pain levels, and it's best to start slowly and gently and build up from there.

Take care

Andie
Arnu
UKFM Member

Postby Withane » Fri May 01, 2009 9:31 am

Hi Andie

The therapy was lovely - went too quickly - but the pressure was fine. :lol:

I confess I awoke feeling awful and had to cut my morning swim short today because of the pain BUT I am not sure if that is the effect of the massage OR the new memory foam mattress I slept on last night! :crazy:

Are those beds meant to feel so uncomfortable?? :dunno:

Anyway - I will persevere!! :banghead: With both!

Go gently

Withane
Withane
UKFM Member

Postby Arnu » Fri May 01, 2009 10:16 pm

Hiya Withane

All the best with the massage.

I found that I am sore for the day or so after the massage but I feel better after that (less stabbing and shooting pain).

I hope you find that it helps you

Take care

Andie
Arnu
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping