Silly? Serious?

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Silly? Serious?

Postby mairi » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:24 pm

Twenty minutes. In a good period that is the limit of time I can perform an activity. (Some days I can scarcely do anything. Some days I can stand for only a couple of minutes.)
Change position/activity every twenty minutes. It is helpful advice. It ensures different groups of muscles are stretched/relaxed. I would add to that--------do the opposite of the previous activity----if you have been lying down, walk around a little. If you have been walking, sit or lie, if possible. If you have been trying to concentrate, rest the brain, head and neck muscles. All known to long term sufferers needless to say but difficult to remember if newly diagnosed and hard if you are in employment/have responsibilities.
Twenty minutes. I can nap for twenty minutes, wake and feel the need, if not the ability, to move. Twenty minutes---it's to do with the build up of lactic acid in the muscles apparently. Why twenty minutes, not ten, fifteen or twenty-five? Twenty minutes on a good day stretching, struggling to dress, sitting, moving around, talking etc. and the stiffness and fatigue set in, if not crippling pain.
It takes me all morning, with rests, to get my muscles going. After, if possible a midday rest, I have a window in the afternoon when I will attempt something----the day's achievement so to speak. In the late afternoon and evening the fatigue crashes in. Some days I feel better after, inexplicably, four o'clock. On others I can have a bad morning and afternoon and feel better after eight pm. Factors such as temperature, air pressure, daylight/darkness, food consumption and digestion play a part.
A strenuous day ----after such I spend three or four days with much inflammation and am forced to rest.
Time and the fibro sufferer------now ther's a subject for research. Worth a Doctorate? Can anybody contribute examples to this silly and serious topic? [code][/code]
mairi
UKFM Member

hello

Postby gemmielou » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:25 am

I can certanly agree with you on the twenty minute thing, it feels like your whole world revolves around been able only to do something for a short period of time, before the pain and fatigue. I end trying to plan things and you dont know how you are going to feel that day, people find it hard to understand, because why cant you just do these things your only tired everyone gets aches and pains. Its hard life really i wake each day wondering what will come out of today how much pain? etc...
I cant imagine what i will be like when i am old i am 24 now i feel 90 :( goodness knows how i will feel as i get older.
take care
love and hugs gem :D
gemmielou
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping