[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - being awake through the night

being awake through the night

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

being awake through the night

Postby holly » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:33 pm

Hi

Does anyone have any tips or things that they do through the night if they can't sleep. I know that there is the computer and I do read but I wondered if anyone had any suggestions. I spend lots of nights unable to sleep even though I take medication for my facial pain but it doesn't completely kill it and I can get very weepy.

Thanks in anticipation for any suggestions
Bye for now - holly
holly
UKFM Member

Sleepless nights

Postby BuffyBoo » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:07 pm

Hi Holly,
sleepless nights can be torture, it's when you feel most alone, everyone is fast asleep comfortable and not caring that you are in pain, or at least that's how it feels.
I'm often awake half the night, PM me and I'll give you my msn addy, at least there'll be another person awake to talk to at ungodly hours, I'm fairly sure that a lot of this forum members have the same problem.
I found this forum last week, in the middle of the night, when all I wanted to do was cry, just finding the forum made things better, I wasn't alone anymore. It matters, it really does.
As for things to do, you can't hoover or run loud machinery , so hacking the tiles off the bathroom wall is out of the question.. :lol: It's kinda only the quiet stuff, like cross stitch, knitting (if you can hold the needles) rug making.....jig saws...etc. Personally, I watch rubbish films whilst playing solitaire..... tho I'd much rather be chinwagging.... I'm good at that. :roll:
Hope you feel better soon
BuffyBoo
Sometimes my mind wanders, sometimes it leaves altogether!
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby sally » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:09 am

:evil: hi there dont the nights go slow, when you cant sleep.
i suffer from sleepless, nights. this may not work for you, but i have found if i stay up later. i sleep so much better i dont know why, so i thought i would let you know this. it may not help you atall.
:P email me any time.
take care sally :x
many thanks for your comments, Sally.
sally
UKFM Member

Postby Rita56 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:29 pm

Hi Everyone,I listen to my radio beside the bed most of the night.It hurts my arms being on the pc so I can't do that.The tv would keep my husband awake :roll: so all there is is the radio,I listen to phone in programs,at least I'm not the only one awake :)
Take Care
Rita xx
Rita56
UKFM Member

Postby IanR » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:46 pm

well ok i'll admit this ............when i can't sleep at night wich is very often i put my headphones on sit at the PC and go car racing yup i play games that either tires me out enough that i go to bed and sleep or i get so involved i loose track of time totaly and next thing i know is the wife patting me on the back to say goodby as she is on her way out to work :wink:
IanR
UKFM Member

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:51 pm

Hi Ian,I will confess that although I am 49 I have a PS2 and Gamecube :D
When the pain allows I play games all through the night :) I get so engrossed sometimes I forget about the pain but a lot of the time the pain in my hands and arms don't allow me to play.
Take Care
Rita xx :)

Postby Rita56 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:52 pm

oops forgot to log in,that last post was from me :D
Rita56
UKFM Member

Postby IanR » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:38 pm

oh i don't feel so bad now you a little older than me so i'm ok :twisted:
IanR
UKFM Member

Postby Rita56 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:55 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rita56
UKFM Member

can't sleep

Postby pauline » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:58 pm

try this site it has helped me lot's in the past.
www.jigzone.com

Pauline
pauline
UKFM Member

Postby Rita56 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:39 pm

Hi Pauline,Thats a great site.I love doing jigsaws.Thankyou for the link. :)
Take Care
Rita xx
Rita56
UKFM Member

Postby Miandre » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:55 pm

Well, I live in a family of five so when I cant sleep there's nothing I can really do without disturbing them. Usually I just lie in bed and cry. :( But sometimes I scream until someone comes and pays attention to me. :roll:

Thankfully it doesn't happen that often for me. Unfortunately every time I cant sleep it's before something really important. Last year I had insomnia before a maths exam and I did so badly on the test that it dropped my overall grade drastically. :(
Miandre
UKFM Newbie

insomnia

Postby Jane » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:31 am

Hi Miandre,

If you are still studying and have exams to take, let me know what level, e.g SAT's GCSE A Level, I will check out the rules on special consideration for you, or you can ask a teacher/tutor/lecturer where you are studying to do this for you. Maybe you could qualify for extra time, maybe you will not qualify for any adjustment, but it is always worth a try.
Jane
Jane
UKFM Member

Postby Miandre » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:21 am

I know that this is the UK Fibromyalgia forum, but I'm actually from Australia and I couldn't find anything else on the internet that was as good as this. So thanks Jane, but there's probably different rules over here. :(
Miandre
UKFM Newbie

Postby Muire » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:29 am

Hey guys,

I have great fun at night on www.coffebreakarcade.com/
There's space invaders and everything on there. Brings me right back to being really young and playing all the atari games :D
Hi, I'm 21 and a bit worried about the whole thing :(
Muire
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Help / Tips on Coping