[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - curaheat patches etc

curaheat patches etc

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: curaheat patches etc

Postby Harley » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:28 pm

Harley
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:27 am

No, it's not well proven. The evidence base is very shaky - trials that suggested it did work were not able to be replicated and some trials found no benefit.

As long as you're not pregnant, don't have a pacemaker, etc, it won't hurt, but don't spend too much money on it!
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby smiler22 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:34 pm

you can get some copper magnet bracelets. an dthey sem to work on alot of people.... again it is like alot of things. the people who have tried these magents nine times out of ten are on medication etc. so when doing research how do they know exactly what is being relieved by magnets or tablets etc.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby Harley » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:56 pm

Harley
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:07 pm

Absolutely - if it won't hurt you or your pocket, there's no harm in trying it...just don't waste a lot of money on anything like this.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby smiler22 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:16 pm

i guess it is the end of the road again.... some people would give this a try even if it costs lot of money if they cant find anything else that helps them.. and may find that it helps them.... i have to have private physio asi cant get hands on physio o the nhs. i dont want to have to pay for it but i have too in order to be able to have a live.... i odnt drink or smoke so i choose to pay for this physio if it means that i can have a better quality of live a sfor me the physio helps me. so i guess the magnet treatment is the same....it is up to ht eindividual on whether they want to spend that extra money. it may not be a case of wanting to but having to if they cant find nothing else to work.
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby Min » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:22 pm

Donate for free to fibro & M.E. charities by using by using Everyclick as your search engine
Min
UKFM Member

Postby Hay1ie » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Magnet therapy

I have been using the magnets on little plasters for a while now and I think they are great! They stop the pains from my sciatica and the pains in my neck and shoulders are eased. I get mine from Poundworld....Pack of 10 for £1 funnily enuff...hehe :P
Just because I am in pain doesn't mean I am one! LOL
Hay1ie
UKFM Member

Postby smiler22 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:27 am

min i used the patch like it said in the information booklet that came with it and follwed the in structions an dit said to wrap it around your back next to the skin. it said nothing about putting a layer of clothing between. as it says it needs skin contact in order for it to heat up.????????
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby Sasha » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:25 pm

I've used the Therma wraps too and they really do last ! i used mine on my lower back and left it on all day and night, it stopped working in the middle of the night though. The only thing is that they are a bit too big and i have to wrap it around and around and around :crazy:
Sasha
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Help / Tips on Coping