[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Adjustable beds?

Adjustable beds?

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Adjustable beds?

Postby Hay1ie » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:31 pm

Hiya,

Was just wondering if anyone has an adjustable bed and if so do you sleep better for it?
Just because I am in pain doesn't mean I am one! LOL
Hay1ie
UKFM Member

Re: Adjustable beds?

Postby anne1206 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:11 am

Hi Haylie,
I dont have an adjustable bed yet :D but have been lucky enough to try one out as my son works for dreams the bed store, they sell these beds for about a third of the price that mobility companies do.
it seems that there is a vast difference in the comfort factor for sleeping if you get the memory foam matress rather than the bog standard one.
I will be buying an adjustable bed ( with my sons staff discount of course) :tongueout: once I have saved up again, have just bought a class three mobility scooter, anything we need to make life easier for ourselves with this rotten condition seems to cost a fortune :cry:
If you are considering buying one there is no need to pay thousands for it from mobility companies, average price in bed store is about £800 - £1000.
Take Care Anne
durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis///>Carry on and preserve yourselves for better times
anne1206
UKFM Member

Postby moonbeam » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:21 pm

I have an adjustable bed its fantastic! Even in the evening when I'm really tired and cant get comfy on the sofa I go up to bed, sit it up and watch TV for a while then when I'm ready to try and sleep just press the button and lie down - its brill.

I'll let you into a little secret too! Check out your local Auction House. I bought my double electric bed for £25!!!!

Of course you could buy a new mattress at a fraction of the cost of buying the whole electric bed brand new if you wanted but to be honest mine was absolutely immaculate.

Most of the Auctions I go to deliver for you too at a small cost.

There are usually electric beds - I suppose if you think about it, most of the stuff there is from house clearances - old people - electric beds?!

Its the best 25 quid I have ever ever spent - I love it and wouldnt be without it!

Highly recommended xx
moonbeam
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:45 pm

i loved the one i had in hospital, would be great to have one at home but we would have to have a double so we could both use it. not sure we will be able to afford one.
but i will keep looking, never thought about auctions, then just buy a new mattress. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby starmerd » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:37 pm

Have just joined the site and this is my first post. So Hi all of you out there. I've got an electric adjustable bed with memory foam mattress, and it's great. Got it in Dreams sale at about half price (though very expensive next to the auction house one!! Never thought of going down that route. Anyway, when I go away,I miss my bed enormously. 8)
starmerd
UKFM Newbie

Postby MCT » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:54 pm

You can buy wedge things (forgotten what they are called) that go under the mattress and you can inflate them to raise the top of the bed - need to watch though, the same make and model was varying from under £90 to almost £300 :shock: . Was going to get one but hubby didn't like the idea of sleeping at that kind of angle. :(
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/FMClinics/

My get up and go just got up and went!!!

As you slide down the bannister of life, may all the splinters be facing in the right direction :)
MCT
UKFM Member

Postby mjoyallives » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:51 pm

I have an adjustable bed, I just bought it months ago and it is working great I always had a comfortable sleep with it. I think it is good for those who are so stressed from work, it is a very comfy bed.
mjoyallives
UKFM Newbie

Return to Help / Tips on Coping