[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Anyone Tried the Thera Cane?

Anyone Tried the Thera Cane?

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Anyone Tried the Thera Cane?

Postby Lorraine » Thu May 07, 2009 1:49 pm

Just been looking on Amazon to see if they have any more Trigger point books that might be useful and I came across the thera cane. It's £39.99 for the book and the 'gadget with which to massage'. It has excellent reviews, some from people who have bought gadgets in the past and left them gathering dust and were very sceptical. I thought it was quite expensive but then the cost of having a private massage (not to mention the effort of making the appointment :( ) and it doesn't seem too bad. I guess is you're using it yourself, you can apply as much pressure as you feel comfortable with and there's a video to help. Just wondered if anyone had tried it for FM.
Lorraine
UKFM Member

Re: Anyone Tried the Thera Cane?

Postby shazq » Thu May 07, 2009 1:54 pm

i have never heard of it.
keep us informed if it works.
good luck, hope you get some relief from it.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Kayzee » Mon May 11, 2009 8:32 pm

I have one of the trigger point books which reccomends the thera cane, but I've never bought one (not sure if its best value until trying!). I just use a tennis ball. Let us know if its any good if you buy one. :)
Kayzee
UKFM Member

Postby Mr.A » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:24 pm

How much pressure do you have to use, it sounds very painful for whichever arm/hand/wrist you use to apply it.
Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:02 pm

I would rather have my trigger points seen to by a trained therapist...

One wrong move and you can upset things!....

IMO :crazy:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby jojojo » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:27 am

I bought a thera cane and all I can say about it is that it feels quite nice but didn't really have much of an effect in the long term. I got a homedics massage cushion with infrared heat and found that more effective for helping my pain. Everyone is different though, this is just my opinion.

The good thing about it is that you can target anywhere on your body and put as much or as little pressure on as you like.
jojojo
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping