[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - fibro and pregnancy.

fibro and pregnancy.

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

fibro and pregnancy.

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:19 pm

Hi, ive just found out ive got FM and also that i am pregnant, any tips on coping, my last one was a hellish nightmare and as i didnt know i had FM i couldnt do much about it. any advice would be greatly apreciated. thanks.xxx

Postby Tracy » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:18 pm

Hiya :lol:

Sorry to hear you had such a rough time during your last pregnancy :( , I have had two children, the youngest Freya is 10 months old. I've suffered with FM for a long time, but it was only properly diagnosed about 3 years ago. I've had three pregnancies, the first I sailed through and had no problems with myself, unfortunately my little boy was very ill, but that was unrelated. My second pregnancy I did have a few more problems, but generally was fine, I think it was more anxiety about the birth, because my labour with my first little boy was very traumatic and he passed away when he was only 36 hours old. Freya, my little girl was a different story, I felt really tired, but running round after a four year old can do that when your pregnant anyway. :wink:

Just remember, your body is doing a full time job growing a baby, don't expect too much of yourself, if you feel tired and you get the chance, rest, the washing up aint going anywhere and the hoover won't run away - unfortunately :lol:. I also found a nice relaxing hot bath is the best when you hurt like hell ad can't take anything stronger than paracetomal.

If you want anyone to talk to, Im here, I've got msn, but not sure how to set new contacts on it, but I will do, you can also email me anytime on tracycoultrup@blueyonder.co.uk. I found the thing I neded most was support and understanding, try and get as much of it as you can,you've got one understanding ear here, even if you just want to moan and let off steam :x , I know how you feel :D

Take care, Tracy xxx
Tracy
UKFM Member

Postby poppy » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:56 pm

Tracy, I have been looking for someone like you for ages!!! I want advice from someone who has FM and gone ahead and had a baby. Everyone around me seems to think that I cannot have children until Im 'better'. They dont seem to understand that yes hopefully I will get better than I am now but a dramatic change may take a long time or never happen and unfortunately my body wont wait, as I will go through the menopause...

Please can you give me some advice?? I dont know how much your Fm affects you, but I just need to talk to someone who knows what it is like....Can you let me know if this would be ok and I will give you my email address..
x
poppy
UKFM Member

Postby Tracy » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:54 pm

Hiya Poppy :D

I've got all my details on the forum so your more than welcome to contact me by either email or msn if you have it. Any questions you have or worries, just drop me a line and I will help you in any way I can, and if you just fancy a chat feel free to get in touch.

Look forward to hearing from you soon

Take care and keep smiling

Tracy :D xxx
Save the Earth - It's the only planet with Chocolate!
Tracy
UKFM Member

finally replied

Postby poppy » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:11 pm

Tracy, I eventually sent you an email, i have explained why it took so long in it!
poppy
UKFM Member

Postby Tracy » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:24 pm

Hiya Poppy,

That's not a problem hun, I have got your email, been a bit hectic at the mo what with flare ups and holidays and my husband has just started 3 weeks of 12 hour night shifts, I had no idea how difficult it was going to be to try to fit his shift pattern around the little ones, but never mind.

Oh well, best to keep smiling :D

I will send you an email very soon, probably tonight, but first I have to catch up with all that I've missed from the peeps on the forum, I haven't been around for a while, I've been sooo tired!

Speak to you soon, take care

Tracy :D
Tracy
UKFM Member

At last proof that I'm not unrealistic lol

Postby keely » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:12 pm

Hi

I am at the point of killing the next person who tells me I'm unrealistic because my partner and I want to start a family!!

We've only been trying for four months and I'm devastated every time I get my monthlies, but everyone around me seems to think it's a blessing.

I'm 28 so I'm not almost out of time, but in my mind I'm at the time where I feel I'm at the right age to have a baby.

Yeak ok, so my fibro is a problem, but there must be options.

'm supposed to take 25mg Amatryptyline and 60mg Dihydrocodeine but I rarely take them unless I'm in absolute agony as they make me feel like a zombie and i feel that they just mask the problem.

I'm trying instead, to do the pacing and graded exercise and use a lot of complimentary therapies.

I really admire you for pushing on and having children in the face of adversity lol.

Would love to hear back from you

Hugs

Keely x x
I trust and believe that my angels are with me endlessly, guiding me with their love and light....I just wish they'd throw a bit of good luck my way sometimes!
keely
UKFM Member

Postby Tracy » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:34 pm

Hiya :D ,

Right first things first, things are still hectic, my hubby is STILL on 12 hour night shifts which are a nightmare, but hopefully tonight will be the last and then he will be on 9 hour shifts. I haven't forgotten you Poppy, I promise and will be emailing you hopefully tonight. My flare ups have been horrid , but I think with a combination of meds, and a positive mind, I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!

The main thing with Fibro is to try and keep positive, it's a bloody nuisance, but at the end of the day it's not life threatening and to give in and surrender is just letting this horrid thing win, which I for one will not let happen!

I adore my children and I'm not going to say it's all been easy, to be honest some days can be really hard, but at the end of the day they are so rewarding and give me so much pleasure I would never be without them. What you have to remember is not to expect to much of yourself, accept your limitations, do what you can when you can, but most of all, if someone offers to help, accept it, the one thing I have had lots of is support, from my husband and my friends and family. I am very close to my mum and she has been fantastic, offering both physical help, but more importantly psychological help. She's really been there for me and offers advice and support whenever I need it.

If you are on medication then you need to talk to your doctor and get some good advice on what you can and can't take whilst pregnant. It took me about a year to fall pregnant with my little girl, so I can understand how you feel each month, but try not to get too stressed as this will only make things worse.

If you have any questions, then I would be happy to try and answer them or give any advise needed.

Take care and keep smiling

Speak to you soon

Tracy :D xxx
Tracy
UKFM Member

Postby ShelB » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:49 pm

Can I just say that the only time I really felt better was during my pregnancies, as had normally pregnancy problems but not FM ones.
Shel

The easy choices are the ones you make when you don't know enough to see how complicated things are.
ShelB
UKFM Member

Postby steepdene » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:32 pm

Hi, I had a baby last year, in fact he'll be one on the 14th of October. I too found I was better during the pregnancy and for a few months after.

However, I'm now worse than I was before getting pregnant, which is not too good. However, I think that's because I've had to return to work as we can't afford for me not to at the moment and I'm not "ill" enough to stop working. I started to get worse a couple of months after I returned to work in March when Jake was nearly six months old. I'm now back on the amitriptyline which seems to be working, so things are improving again.

I thought long and hard before making the decision to have a baby and despite my problems now, I feel I made the right decision for me. I'm lucky in that my fibro is "not too bad". You always take a chance with these things. I do have bad days, when I would like to curl up in bed and never get up, but having Jake has meant I have a reason to, after all he's relying on me. I haven't got time to feel sorry for myself! Just a smile or a giggle from him instantly lifts my mood. I already had a 13 year old when I had him and he's been a great help to me.

Anyway, hugs to all of you.

XX
steepdene
UKFM Member

Postby kayjay » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:08 pm

Kathryn xx

Had fibromyalgia for 25+ years and I'm still smiling :)
kayjay
UKFM Member

Postby ~Ro~ » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:02 pm

Its good to hear some positive responses, it is something I am still worried about, but I have an understanding partner and I am hopeful we will be ok!

Thanks

x
~Ro~
~Ro~
UKFM Member

Postby kayjay » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:24 pm

Kathryn xx

Had fibromyalgia for 25+ years and I'm still smiling :)
kayjay
UKFM Member

Postby ~Ro~ » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:22 pm

~Ro~
~Ro~
UKFM Member

Thank you

Postby Laus2002 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:25 pm

Dear all,
I just wanted to say thank you for actually speaking aloud some of the major concerns I have had since I was diagnosed a year ago.

I am only 24 and children have always been part of my future, I have the most amazing partner and cant wait to be in a position to start a family.
We have discussed it togther but we are both very unsure as to how I would cope and so no desicions have been made as yet.

It is lovely to see a conversation about a subject that is a massive issue for a lot of people and yet isn't talked about enough.

Laus xx
Laus2002
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Help / Tips on Coping