[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Pillows

Pillows

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pillows

Postby Lorraine » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:04 pm

I've tried for years to find a comfortable, suitable pillow. Has anyone tried the Tempur pillows or mattresses or the 'egg crate' type and found them to be OK for FM? I've tried feather, hollowfibre and mixtures but still have neck problems and pain from my neck down my spine, and into my shoulders. My neck starts to hurt when I lie down in bed. I also find that it cracks very frequently (and loudly!) during the day. Asked my GP about the cracking but he didn't seem too bothered, "they don't x-ray necks any more" (probably too costly!). I know pillows are a personal thing and what suits one may not suit another but thought I'd ask on here anyway.
Lorraine
UKFM Member

pillows

Postby angel_on_fire » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:59 pm

Hi

Im afraid i havnt had any luck with finding a comfortable pillow/mattress that doesnt make me feel like im sleeping on concrete or something - my boyfriend jokes that i am the inspiration for the "the princess and the pea" story (haha) because i can feel a breadcrumb through appoximately 30 feet of mattress! (ok slight exageration but u get the point)

So if anyone does know of a fms friendly pillow etc i too would love to know :lol:

Angel on fire
"In the Halls of Justice the only justice is in the halls" Lenny Bruce
angel_on_fire
UKFM Member

Pillows

Postby mairi » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:28 pm

I buy feather pillows and take approximately one third of the contents out. This makes a mess to clear up, however I can then mould the pillow around my neck and head. I try to have them washed at the laundry regularly. Many people swear by the Tempur pillows and mattresses but I am not so sure about the long term effects of breathing in what may be subtle fumes from the foam material, given we are so sensitive. Mind you there is dust from the feathers but,perhaps, not too much with two pillowslips.
mairi
UKFM Member

Postby tina » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:05 am

hi all, i hear temur products r exellent for FM but oh! what a price

if wasn't so expensive would definately try one!

i sleep with "egg box" type pillow and would not go back to feathers

tina
tina
UKFM Member

pillow

Postby paula » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:09 pm

i 've tried loads of pillows and givenup - i find it easier without any pillows at all
paula
UKFM Member

Pillows

Postby Nothing to lose » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:43 am

I bought a Tempur-pillow about a year ago, and find it hard to be without anymore...It wasn´t cheap, but I thought it was a small cost compared to all the money I´ve stuffed into treatments. It didn´t cure me, but it offers some relief to the pain.
Nothing to lose

Thanks

Postby Lorraine » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:29 pm

I might try a Tempur then. Are they washable? I've no idea what they're made from so apols if that's a daft question.
Lorraine
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping