[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - The very best Fibro Rule

The very best Fibro Rule

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

The very best Fibro Rule

Postby princess » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:24 pm

Do what you can today and what you cant leave it till tomorrow!!!!
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Re: The very best Fibro Rule

Postby anne1206 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:55 pm

:lol: :lol: Hope you are practicing what you preach :lol: :lol:
Think its a good rule, my hubby gets annoyed with me as he says I am the only one who thinks I can do certain things, the problem being in my head I can still do things but the body wont cooperate
durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis///>Carry on and preserve yourselves for better times
anne1206
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:29 pm

My mum used to say Manyana!!!!
So yes i do try to keep to that, it keeps me on my feet!
Im dammed if i will give up my legs for anyone!
Unless i really really have too, untill then i will just struggle on.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Deegill » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:38 pm

I never learn either,

"your doing to much" my mum or sisters, also, slow down, dont over do it.

my partner gets annoyed with my, will you PLEASE rest!

But, if i know i can just about do it, i will, because it'll wind me up, if something needs doing, if i dont do it there and then, i'll never do it.
A smile a day keeps the doctor away!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:46 pm

If you are like me when you have a good day you want to get something done, and when its a bad day you want to just sit and chill.
So i suppose its strange for norms to see us doing our own thing.
My hubby gave up work to look after me last year, and now when i have a good day i want to try and at least do something!!
Its only human nature to try and do for yourself.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby velvet » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:48 am

i am the same as you princess - some days i do nothing more than sit in my chair with a book, others i do a bit of housework, go for a walk, whatever. my partner was actually stay at home when i was working and all this kicked off - the problem since is finding employment where he can leave to come home if i need him - ok most of the time i am ok on my own but there are times when i do need him with me - and can never predict when those times will occur. of course trying to find a job with the freedom to leave at a drop of a hat to come home to be carer is like trying to make icecubes in hell - it doesnt work.
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby iwh54 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:36 pm

:clap: I agree with that. But I am the same as most of us, once we start we dont know when to stop. Next day we wish we did and we allways say we will know better next time. :oops:
iwh54
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:13 pm

good rule princess
i have been putting off putting the curtains back up in the caravan for the last few days, i keep saying i must put them back up today, but i just have no energy, yesterday i was laid up with the migraine, i have managed to do a bit of house work now iam shattered.
guess they will have to wait until tomorrow....
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby princess » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:05 pm

I am going away a bus tour with our Rural tomorrow - so i have had two days doing nothing bar making a few cards, eating well and bedding early.
Please god i manage to keep going tomorrow, mind you there are two nurses going with the tour.
Strange thing is there are a few ladies who are in their 80's and one 92 year old and they are in better health than i am!!!!
These lovely ladies always ask me how are you today?
Or i see your not so good today, you need anything?
Honestly the care of these ladies just tears at my heart, they are so kind, maybe they think they are mothering me hahaha (well i do not have any family left now).
Whatever i will go tomorrow and try my best, even if i am in horrific pain after, i must go and i must try.
Oh to be a normal and just organise, do and enjoy without all the pain after.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby auroura » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:14 am

Just wanted to wish you a lovely time Princess, hope you keep ok and dont get too tired.
Sharon

Bad is never good until worse happens
auroura
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:59 pm

have a great tour princess.
yay got the curtains up... :clap:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby princess » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:20 pm

trip was great, 16 of us in a mini bus - ,my daughter was sick on route, and two other ladies felt seedy but it was a very windy road.
We ended up at Houe of Bruer - but far too expensive for any of us £600 a suit, lots of nice things but very very dear.
Then we were taken to Pitlochry and its a long street, on the level with dozens of small shops - managed that with help, but oh so sore today and tired. Took my stick to help me!
Came home at 8.15 and was in bed by 9 - exhausted.
yes i will have a bad time for 5 days, with pain and exhaustion but sometimes a wee break helps the moral.
After all i do know what to expect after a day like ytesterday.
But it was worth it all.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby hezher » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:03 am

Glad to hear you had a great day, Princess! Hope the old ladies looked after you well!

It always amazes me how those who you think need more care can be the best carers. I'm a teacher, and some of the kids at school have seen me have bad days when we went on our residential (I fell over in a stream, then got such bad cramp in my arm that I cried for over an hour). When we took them on a trip on Thursday they decided that I would need extra special care. After about an hour in one museum they ran up to another teacher in a panic, because they couldn't find me anywhere and were so worried I'd wandered absentmindedly out of the museum and got lost! Then at lunch one of them handed me a napkin out of her lunch box so that I could eat my sandwiches without making a mess. These girls are barely 10!

I love your rule for coping, too! I've started using something that we give the kids at school to help them organise their work - Must, Should, Could. I make a list of the things I must do, the things I should do and the things I could do, and then do as much of them as I can in priority order. It means I get the pleasure of crossing things out when they're finally done, too, and the fibro fog can't destroy my attempts to be organised! Even if there are still things on my 'to do' list from Christmas...
Same same, but different.
hezher
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:14 pm

We have a lady in the village who is 97 - she and i walked on the trip, and she said can i help you? Cause you are in a much worse state than me!!!! and she was very serious too she is fantastic fo rher age you would take her for maybe 60 but not 90's.
That kindoff took me back as she kept asking if i was ok, was i managing?
When it was over i walked over and thanked her for her compassion, she is a lovely elderly lady who is very respected in the village.
The old breed that still call each other Mrs Smith or what ever, she said you know what why dont you call me Mary - the others were godsmacked hahahahahahah
But it was a lovely day but so very very tiring i came home and went directly to bed, never passing go1!! hahah

Next year i have to organise it as im the rural secretary now - so god help me where to go?? Maybe i should ask Mary eh - what you think?

princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Return to Help / Tips on Coping