Diets for fibro ??

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Diets for fibro ??

Postby shrimp » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:15 pm

Hi All

sorry is this is on the wrong tread or if there is already a subject about it....

has anyone changed their eating habits to try and help fibro ?

have been looking on the web and in particular it says that diet high in protein helps rebuild muscle etc......

i have put on weight since starting amitriptaline and am not eating any more than i was 6 months ago nor really doing less as having 2 year old twins keeps me busy for what i can do....

i dont eat much choc...but at the moment i am addicted to jordans oat and nut breakfast cereal - but eat it dry in the evening before taking meds...it has lovely big crunchy oaty bits and lots of brazil nuts and other stuff.....i have the muesli for breakfast by jordans its not as nice but quite filling...

i am eating loads of mini victoria plums at the moment as our tree is full of them....but must admit i dont do the 5 a day thing.....

any comments?
thanks
shrimp xxx
I like to make people laugh xxx
shrimp
UKFM Member

Re: Diets for fibro ??

Postby gillshutt » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:58 pm

I think, like everything else, diets are individual. We all have differing problems so what would be good for one isn't for another.

I take a multivitamin and cod liver oil capsules but appart from that my diet is much the same... except I have porridge for lunch now instead of picking at rubbish like I used to. None of my tabs make me put on weight, if anything I've managed to lose some which is partly due to the porridge thing. I don't get 5 a day but I read recently that 3 a day is just as good as 5 so I don't always believe what the docs and government tell you to eat :roll: it changes from one moment to the next.

I know of people who say to cut out things like coffee but since it doesn't affect me, never has, I don't. If I had to give up chocolate completely you may as well shoot me now :lol: oh and icecream as well... preferably icecream with chocolate :D

This is no help at all really is it and I'm starting to waffle now... sorry. Hope someone else can help

Gill x x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Return to Help / Tips on Coping