Reiki healing/treatment

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Reiki healing/treatment

Postby TracyC » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:00 am

I thought i would just share with you the help i've had using reiki. 2 years ago i was having to use crutches to help me walk. Through a friend of my mums i was put in touch with a reiki healer in Portsmouth. I went over to see her and have a treatment session and i know you will find this hard to believe but i came back from there without having to use the crutches! I felt wonderful after having felt like crap for so long.

In time i had my 'attunements' and become a reiki healer myself although only to level 2 as i have no wish in becoming a 'teacher' of reiki. I use it on myself for an hour or so everyday and although it dosen't take the fms away completely it does help a great deal.

If any of you ever get the chance to try a reiki session then i would thoroughly reccommend it!

If anyone is interested i have some website addresses that are very good(i'm not sure if i'm allowed to post them or not). You could pm me if you want them.

Tracy
TracyC
UKFM Member

Postby Carolyn » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:30 am

hi tracey,

My sister-in-law was telling me about her friend who is a Reiki Healer and also does aromatherapy massage so I've asked her to find out how much it will cost. She comes to your house which is handy. If I have a treatment will let you know how I get on.

Gentle Hugs

carolyn
Carolyn
UKFM Member

Postby TracyC » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:07 am

Hi Carolyn,

I'm sure you will feel alot better once you have had a reiki session. The sad thing about it is the fact that reiki only stays in your body for 24 hours although when i had my first session the effects lasted for a few days so i guess i was lucky! I decided to become a reiki healer myslef so that i could always benefit from the effects of it.

I'd be really interested to hear how you get on if you decide to go for it!

Tracy
TracyC
UKFM Member

Postby angel_on_fire » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:09 am

I had a brief taste of reiki at university (before I knew why I kept getting ill) a friend had learnt reiki to help her daughter (who had a brain tumour) and a couple of times she put her hand near my back or knee (where my worst pain was at the time)

I have no idea how (Im a total skeptic!) but it really helped - my skin started to get hot (even though she wasnt touching me at all) and the pain gradually subsided

I was amazed at how much it helped (just a shame it doesnt last long) and would love to give it another try
"In the Halls of Justice the only justice is in the halls" Lenny Bruce
angel_on_fire
UKFM Member

Postby TracyC » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:21 pm

Hi Angel,

I was a sceptic about it too but now i'm a firm believer. I just rub my hands together to get the reiki flowing which makes my hands hot and i put them wherever i've got pain and it goes!

I'm glad it worked for you!

Tracy
TracyC
UKFM Member

Reiki

Postby HazelB » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:34 pm

I've been qualified in Reiki since 2001 and also do Crystal healing.

before starting to use both therapies my walking was so poor I was having to use a wheelchair regularly, and was taking large amounts of painkillers, anti-inflammatories & anti-depressents.

I am now able to walk much better - though still have to use a stick sometimes, and have managed to cut down my medication drastically.

I've also had improvements in my general health & my mental stability .... I cope much better with pressure, and don't take so many anxiety attacks ... and of course when I do I can use reiki and/or crystals to ease the symptoms.

TracyC - can I ask where you were told that reiki only stays in your body for 24 hours??? I have never heard of this myself, and from experience most people I have treated have said they felt the effects for several days afterwards.

Hazel
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby TracyC » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:00 am

Hi Hazel,

My reiki teacher told me that reiki only stays in your body for 24 hours! Although when i had my first session the effects never wore off for several days. :? As i don't give reiki treatments to anyone else then i have no comparison!

Tracy
TracyC
UKFM Member

REIKI

Postby HazelB » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:24 am

unfortunately this seems to be one of the things that happens with Reiki as it becomes more popular - where teachers own opinions are taught to students as facts about reiki. As far as I'm aware of, in Usui's original reiki teachings there was nothing mentioned of how long reiki remained in the body - that it was individual to each person & their situation.

I have worked with 3 different reiki masters - and was always taught that reiki will remain in your body for as long as it is needed, and often will continue to work long after the effects are felt by the client.

of course this is only my own experience - and others may have different experiences from me.
Hazel
HazelB
UKFM Member

treatment

Postby sally » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:35 am

hi tracy,
my name is sally and have never heard of that healing process.
but it sounds great. do you no the cost, and where can you go to to hav some treatment.is it under altenative medicine, i want to try any thing
and even if it does only 24 hours in your body. that would be lovely. :D please could you answer this or any body else who knows
about it :wink: thanks so much. sally
many thanks for your comments, Sally.
sally
UKFM Member

reiki

Postby HazelB » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:54 pm

hi Sally,

Reiki is a holistic therapy, where the therapist places their hands either on or above the body ... and the reiki energy is often felt as heat or tingling. Reiki is simply the Japanese word of 'universal life energy' ie the energy that flows through every living thing.

Many beauty salons now offer holistic treatments such as reiki, or therapists may advertise in local papers for example. Local libraries or community centres may also be able to help you find one locally.

The cost of a treatment varies ... in my area it averages £20-30 for an hours treatment. I don't treat much at the moment due to my FMS but when I do, I charge £25.

Reiki can also be sent distantly - where a mutal time is agreed between the client/therapist ...and the therapist sends the reiki using 'intent'.

If you would like - email me offlist on hazel.angelstar@ntlworld.com and I would be happy to send you some distant reiki to let you see if it makes any difference.

Hazel
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby TracyC » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:07 am

Hi Hazel,

I don't know what made you feel it necessary to attack me in this way. I am only trying to help others in our situation and thought that if i told them about reiki then it may help them to suffer a little less!

I have done a bit of searching around and found a very good reiki forum full of users,teachers and masters. I asked for their opinion on how long reiki stays in the body. There were mixed answers but the general belief is that it only lasts for 24 hours or so.

If as you said it stayed in the body for as long as it was needed then how is it that i'm not cured now? Why is it that if i don't give myself my daily session then i have trouble walking unaided and feel a great deal more pain?

Tracy
TracyC
UKFM Member

REIKI

Postby HazelB » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:51 pm

Tracey,

in no way did I intend my post to be an attack again you - and I apologise sincerely if it came across that way.

I can only talk from my own experience - which has been that reiki remains in the body for longer than 24 hours. My own experience has been generally that the effects of a full treatment can be felt for up to 2-3 days, depending on what is being treated.

I am like yourself in that I treat myself daily - and fully believe that it is reiki, along with crystals - which has helped me to increase my health levels to what it is now compared to what I was like pre-reiki.

again, i am sorry if you feel my answer was an attack on you - it was not meant that way.

Hazel
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby TracyC » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:08 am

Hazel,

Maybe i was being over sensitive-you know how we get :wink: I hate to fall out with people-especially those that i don't even know :)

Tracy
TracyC
UKFM Member

reiki

Postby HazelB » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:27 am

Hi Tracey

that's ok ... i can be a bit like that myself sometimes ... ahve reacted to something someone has written, only to realise that it wasn't actually what they said, but how my brain registered it !!

I also find I struggle to find the right words - so while I know what I want to say in my mind ... typing it up so it reads ok is so much harder ....

it often worries me ... as I know my reiki and crystals help so much to keep the symptoms under control ... just how bad would I be without them **scary**

Namaste and blessings
Hazel
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby Rita56 » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:22 pm

Hi there,I have never tried Reiki but it is something I have been thinking about trying.I will have to look into this. :)
Take Care
Rita xx
Rita56
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping