[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - wisdom teeth

wisdom teeth

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

wisdom teeth

Postby GeminiGirl » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:57 pm

I had 2 wisdom teeth extracted 2 weeks ago. For the first few days
I did not have a lot of pain but since then the pain in one of the extraction areas has been
Getting increasingly worse. I went to the dentist yest + he said I have dry socket. The pain is awful, it kept
Me awake most of last night. I have spoken with non-fibros who've had wisdom teeth + it was not v painful.
I was wondering have other fibros had a lot of pain after getting wisdom teeth out + if so what did you do?
GeminiGirl
UKFM Member

Re: wisdom teeth

Postby shazq » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:08 pm

Hi
You might have an infection, have you had it looked at by a GP/Dentist.

My Ex had to see the GP when he was in pain, he had an infection.

Hope your pain eases soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby dollydaydream » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:34 pm

Hi

I've had a dry socket in the past and it was agony. Please revisit your dentist and demand he soes something. As an off the shelf pain killer, you can get clove oil from any good pharmacist. It stinks like hell, but when my socket went septic, the dentist packed it with gauze impregnated with clove oil.

Please get this sorted, whilst it is only (I use the word carefully knowing that it is agony) causing pain at the mo, you do not want an infection to set in and start backtracking up through the jaw.

You need to do something quickly. You need an emergency appointment and don't get out of the chair until you've had treatment. Get stroppy if you have to, tyou can always blame it on the pain!
Sending you love and light

Sarah xxx
dollydaydream
UKFM Member

Postby milosmum » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:37 pm

hi
as all the others have said you must go either back to the docs or dentists the pain from a dry socket is hideous and it can get infected quite easily. good luck and hope you get better soon.
dawnie
milosmum
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:31 am

Unfortunately FM can cause pain to be magnified and I've found that some areas where a nerve has been affected the pain keeps coming back as though the nerve keeps flaring up for no reason. I've had a tooth removed a few years ago now and I still get pain there now and again. Also I had a mole frozen off on my back a long time ago, before FM, and I still get itching and pain there as though it's only just been done... it's not all the time but does flare up.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby loubie » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:15 pm

loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby GeminiGirl » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:55 pm

I called the dentist again today + he said all he can do is give me stronger pain killers so he is
Sending me a prescription. He said there is nothing I can do except rest + let it heal itself.
I've been off work over 2 weeks and getting worried about my company keeping me on as they are
Re-structuring at the moment + I'm afraid I might be leyt go because I've had a lot of time off between
The fibro + now my teeth. I know the stress of this is not helping the situation but don't know what to do
GeminiGirl
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:26 pm

Sorry i cant be of much help to you. :hugs:

If you get your GP to sign you off, i dont think your works can lay you off....Dont quote me on that but thats what i have always been told. :dunno:

Hope your pain eases soon.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby kittenblue » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:47 am

Hello....Ive just joined and I have FMS and am having a wisdom tooth removed on 2nd Sept Im now dead scared do u think I should mention to them or my GP if having fibro will affect pain meds....
Im having real prob getting my pain under control lately but I will put that i :needhug: n another post. :roll:
kittenblue
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:05 pm

HI
Yes it is best to tell them.
Every time i visit the dentist he takes a list of my meds.

Good luck with your teeth.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Freddy's gal » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:26 pm

GeminiGirl,

I had my wisdom teeth taken out years ago but it was done at hospital as they were too deep in my jaw for the dentist to take them out. I had a cancellation one Christmas and my teeth were so sore that I took it, I didn't care that my whole face was bruised and swollen and sore through christmas.

They told me that I had to gargile hot salt water, it was for the stitches but I found it did help a little with the pain. The only other tip I can give you is soluble asprin, if you can take asprin, as it's an anti inflamitory it help a little too. Appart from that it would be heat bags against the cheek.

Take care and I hope you feel better soon
Freddy's gal
Freddy's gal
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:39 pm

I have just had a front tooth out, on Monday this week, funny i have had no pain from it, so i would suggest you get in touch wtih your Dentist and ask for an emmergency appointment and see waht he can do for you, there is no reason to suffer this pain.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Jull » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:17 am

When I had my wisdom tooth removed, I got dry socket as well.
I have to use ice cubes to reduce the serious pain. But the doctor said it can make the situation worse! So I had to stop doing it.
Instead, she recommend using tea tree oil:
- A cotton swab ought to be soaked in water first.
- Then, some drops of oil is put in the cotton swab which should be pressed over the painful areas.
- 5 minutes later, use warm water to wash these areas.
Or another quick tip is rinsing your mouth with the mixture of apple cider vinegar and water several times per day :)
There're many other useful tips for dry socket, you can read here https://homeremedies.info/dry-socket/
Jull
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping