[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Has anyone heard of these?

Has anyone heard of these?

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Has anyone heard of these?

Postby BuffyBoo » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:03 pm

Sometimes my mind wanders, sometimes it leaves altogether!
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

tell me

Postby sally » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:12 pm

many thanks for your comments, Sally.
sally
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:51 pm

These are the deatil for one of these units ..the RRP is £400 but Ebay has them at least half price

Dry vortex Far Infrared Sauna.

The relaxation, healing and wellbeing factor felt with a Solarsaun experience is second to none. Deep penetrating heat makes the expression 'feel it in your bones' ring true!

Now you can enjoy all the benefits of a portable, professional sauna in your own home or practice, at a fraction of the price of an installed unit.

The Solarsaun is a powerful - yet easy to use - health and fitness enhancement tool.

• Treat muscular aches & sprains.
• Stimulate Weight Loss
• Enhance circulation.
• Improve cardiovascular conditioning.
• Boost metabolism.
• Promote radiant skin.
• Eliminate toxins.
• Relax muscles.

Now enjoy a slimmer body, increased energy and wellbeing.

How does the Solarsaun incorporate Far Infrared?
Far infrared (FIR) is a specific segment of electromagnetic light energy occurring naturally in the suns spectrum, it has the ability to penetrate, refract, radiate and reflect.This energy is absolutely essential for the survival of human beings and all living entities. The Solarsaun reproduces these rays that fall in the wavelength range of 4 um and 14 um, this has been proven to be the most beneficial range. Solarsauns unique automatically controlled Ceramic Semiconductors distribute FIR heat energy via the vortex system, this is accentuated by the special reflective lining material and allows every part of the body to absorb the healing rays.

What are the benefits?
The design of the Solarsaun enables the heat to penetrate to a subcutaneous depth of up to 4.5 centimeters, and transform from light energy into heat energy. This unique wavelength creates a natural resonance with the bodies' cells, this thermal effect causes blood vessels and capillaries to dilate, therefore warming the body. This promotes better circulation, speeds up the metabolic rate, and the hyper thermal effect aids the expulsion of toxins. Scientific studies confirm that perspiration is one of the most beneficial ways to rid the body of heavy toxins (metals).

FIR sauna sessions have a similar effect to physical exercise as they increase blood circulation and cardiovascular conditioning. Regular use of an FIR sauna is like engaging in regular exercise because it will improve metabolism and activate cell growth, without the impact and exertion of most physical exercise.

Used in a clinical situation Solarsaun can be applied for both therapeutic and beauty treatments, for example, the use of heat treatment before a massage will help prepare clients by creating an overall relaxing effect. It also loosens the muscle tissue so the therapist can give a more thorough and effective massage, thus enhancing the effect and value of your treatment.

Why Solarsaun?
• We have not had any warranty claims!
• No pre heat time required.
• Portable, convenient, and competitively priced – costs less than traditional saunas.
• Minimal cleaning required as there is no condensation to be wiped up after use.
• Adds value to treatments.
• Increased circulation brings vital nutrients and proteins to the sub dermal layers, leaving skin radiant, cleaner and healthier looking.
• Brings relief to soft tissue injuries as well as muscle and joint pain.
• Aids the body's natural healing processes.
• Unlike traditional saunas, individual infrared saunas such as the Solarsaun heat the body, not the mind. The head is outside of the chamber when one is enjoying a session, therefore the occupant does not have to inhale the expulsed toxins or breath ultra warm air.
• Carries the highest international standard of approvals including CE, tuv, and C tick.
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby mairi » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:47 pm

What a coincidence you asking about something I heard of only yesterday!
Hadn't been in touch with somebody for months then he rang, for exchange of news. He told me about his discovery of this, the sound principles behind the treatment and, recommending it, sent me all the details by e-mail. Your second post shows you have these.
Will see if he can post about it soon-----he has much experience of a lot.
mairi
UKFM Member

infrared saunas ...

Postby HazelB » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:32 pm

they sound great .... altho even if I could afford to consider one, i'd have nowhere to put it :(

I find heat helps me so much - so i'm quite sure that something which heats the entire body would be quite beneficial.

Hazel
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:46 pm

The ones I saw were portable, you could put it away when you'd finished with it.
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

FIR stuff!

Postby chris n » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:10 am

Hi all,

I'm a friend of Mairi's. I'll give you some of my history first. I am 43 years old, married with 3 wonderful daughters and have M.E/Fibro for 4 years now.

I have seen great improvements over the last few years to the point where I'm able to work 2-3 hours a day usually, and have very little muscular pain now. I'm sure my improvements so far are mainly due to taking supplements called glyconutrients, and also an oxygen device called Airnergy.

However, I'm still not completely cured, and the search goes on. I remember discovering last year that many people with M.E/Fibro do not sweat much, myself included. I wondered if there was a link? Then, I read about sweating regimes on various websites, which were showing very promising results in patients. FIR saunas seem to work the best, and the beauty was that a portable unit was relatively cheap! I bought this one http://www.usave.tv/acatalog/8002.html#a8002. Please also check out Dr Myhill's website http://www.drmyhill.co.uk for excellent info on M.E/Fibro and she also mentions FIR.

It makes complete sense to me now, that part of this illness could be due to a build up of toxins in the body, and using a FIR helps remove them. As you have read in an earlier post, FIR does much more than this. Again it makes sense to me that this is the reason so many of us feel worse in winter. Less sun, less FIR.

I've had mine for 2 months now, and have been using it about 5 days/week. I always feel better after the sauna and shower (very important to wash away the toxins afterwards), although had a worse 2 weeks recently. The good news is that others with FIRs have reported similar findings, and I bellieve this is a 'detox' reaction as all the 'junk' is being eliminated internally as well as through the sweat.

I have found research from the USA and Japan which showed remarkable results on patients by using FIR saunas. I'm very excited about this treatment, as it is very cheap compared to the £3500 I spent on the oxygen device! However, I wouldn't be without my Airnergy as it has been life-changing for me!

I will keep you all posted on my progress, as I am confident that I will see great improvements over the next few months.

Best wishes to all,

Chris
chris n
UKFM Newbie

Postby BuffyBoo » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:17 am

Excellent link Chris,
I managed to get mine on Ebay for a little bit less but not much. I've used it 3 times since it arrived on Wednesday. It's so easy to assemble and to clean and put away. It's great to feel warm inside and out. I'm so impressed with it, even my kids are queueing up for a go.
I'll let you know how I'm progressing with it.
Buffy
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby chris n » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:34 am

Thanks Buffy.

Yes, it's so quick to fold away behind the bedroom door. The other thing I just bought (can't stop spending!) is this Biolamp http://www.biolamps.com/. The great thing is you can have it for a 6 week free trial. Nothing to lose! I've had real trouble with my neck for years, and it has helped considerably in just a month. It again uses Infra Red like the saunas.

I will definitely be keeping the Biolamp though!!

Good luck with your FIRing,

Chris
chris n
UKFM Newbie

FIR sauna

Postby HazelB » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:56 pm

they certainly look good, and i didn't realise just how compact they folded down to .... unfortunately there is no way I could afford anything like this at the moment.

Hazel
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby Jane » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:53 am

In the old Wild West they had people who sold "snake oil" it cured everything back then, (did they have cancer, diabetes, acne back then ?)
Jane
Jane
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:03 am

This is true, but the Native American's and the Finn's have been using Sauna's for thousands of years. Apparently Finnish women used to give birth in their Sauna....I think that they stopped doing this a good while back.
I'm pro heat. Can you guess Lol
I hate being sweaty but I like the feeling of complete warming that the sauna gaves you.
I'm going for a cuppa now.....
Buffy
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby chris n » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:01 pm

Hi Jane,

Have you heard any negative reports on using FIR saunas? So far, I have only found positive results, but would be interested to hear if anyone knows of any potential problems.

Thanks,

Chris
chris n
UKFM Newbie

Postby mairi » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:59 pm

Hi, Buffyboo-----just seen a picture of a portable infra-red sauna in today's paper and remembered you had bought one about a month ago. How are you getting on with it? Are you using it regularly and feeling very refreshed?
Presumably this is where you have been hiding for a while. Imagine it also doubles up as a changing tent for your Batman outfit.
Mairi
mairi
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:13 pm

Weeeellllllllllll,
It worked for a bit then broke. I've been having a few problems getting them to accept it back, kept telling me to get it fixed and send them a bill, so It's been the most expensive door prop I've ever bought!
I am going to get it sent back this week and when I'm refunded I'll be buying another. It was brilliant but sadly not very well made!
Hey ho.....live and learn.
Buffy

PS it's so small I'd never get out of this suit in there....... I'd need a tardis sized police box.
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Help / Tips on Coping