[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Home equipment

Home equipment

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Home equipment

Postby Angel777 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:55 pm

I wondered if we could start a post on what helps us practically , in the home and outside , that we could give each other ideas of things that help us to use less energy , put less strain on the body , so causing less pain. Things like chairs, handles, , general practical things .things in the kitchen , things for cleaning, that sort of thing.
Help when travelling etc.
Angel
Diagnosed with FM 2007 /Also have Osteoarthritis which I have had for many years .
Looking to connect with fellow FM people near me as well as making friends and having support from this forum .
Angel777
UKFM Member

Re: Home equipment

Postby anne1206 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:27 pm

well where do I start :?
the stool in my walk in shower,
long handled grabby thing for picking things up, or getting stuff from high cupboards
raised toilet seat,
grab rails in bathroom,
mobiity scooter, (my new legs) :lol:
and last but not least an understanding hubby, sorry everybody cant have one of them :?

cant think of anything else just now even though I know there is more :crazy: :crazy:

Anne :hugs: :grouphug:
durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis///>Carry on and preserve yourselves for better times
anne1206
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:37 am

one thing i am finding brilliant although i only bought it cause of my broken leg is a bath seat from argos. it only cost £24 and rests on top of the bath so i can sit on it and have a shower. as i said i bought it cause of the broken leg but i will definately keep using it when the leg is better - for those days when the sheer effort of having a shower is too much and their isnt enough time for a bath (i usually spend an hour in the bath to recover from getting in)

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... 418360.htm
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby anne1206 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:08 am

knew I had forgotten things, My trusty fan sits beside me on the sofa, the sweats ae horrific so a wee burst of cool air is great.

Anne :hugs: :grouphug:
durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis///>Carry on and preserve yourselves for better times
anne1206
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:20 am

hey what about all of our computers with the internet? how many would choose to loose this, what is to me anyway, vital link with other people who actually know what we are going through.

i am pretty sure without the link many of us would suffer far more with mental symptoms of depression, isolation, and fear.
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:00 pm

i have a walk in shower, with grab rails.

Have 2 hand rails eitherside of the stairs to help to get up them.

Got a lighter iron as can only iron a couple of items at a time.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby velvet » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:07 pm

i bow down and worship thee for i am not worthy to read thy holy words - whats an iron?
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:14 pm

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gillshutt » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:53 am

gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby velvet » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:58 am

ok note to self...next addition to list of needs - 1 angel of a husband.
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:12 am

They aren't easy to find and I'm not willing to share :shock: :lol:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby pet » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:11 pm

My Stairlift,a gift from my brother.
My Shower Stool that is attatched to the wall and folds flat so doesnt interfere with anyone else using the shower.
My Bed Cradle cant stand the bedding touching my skin.
The list goes on,i was never going to have any mobility/disability equipment in the house,i became very depressed over it.
I know its mind over matter,but thats easier said than done and i had a tough time accepting that i needed aids, in the end common sense kicks in,it might take a while but thats ok,you have to be comfortable in your own mind and accept they are for your own good.
Im trying to get my head around having a Mobility Scooter and Wheelchair at the moment,this is going to be my hardest battle to date,i cry just looking at them let alone sitting in them.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to dance in the rain
pet
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:33 pm

i know you have probably already tried this but when you look at them try to remember they mean nothing or no-one can stop you now. they mean that you can choose when or where to go - and not have to wait on someone else.

maybe to help start this think of a little something you could buy each of your nearest and dearest as a total surpise - then go out an get these little somethings without anyone knowing - imagine the surprise and pleasure you can once again put on peoples faces without anyone having to to help out or know about it. :hugs:
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Return to Help / Tips on Coping