[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Menopause

Menopause

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Menopause

Postby Sass » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:09 pm

Hi all: newbie here! I'm wondering if anyone has any info on the effect of the menopause on pre-existing fibro? Thanks.
Sass

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:31 am

lOTS.

menopause and FM

Postby pottyness » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:26 am

Hi Sass i would also be interested as i embark on a similar journey. 44 with the odd hot flush waiting for the inevitable to kick in and wondering how it will make my like more annoying or wether it may have any up sides... i already take enough supliments to stock a drug store so wonder what would help and what wouldnt . i dont do any aerobic exercise [mmm i wonder why??] and worry i my be a candidate for osteoparosis [cant spell brain dead] but with the lack of replies may be we have to presume that there are no great issues... some how i wont hold my breath :wink:
never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you up with their experience!!!!!!!!!!!
pottyness
UKFM Newbie

menopause

Postby crystal24 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:07 pm

hi there

just at dr's today to ask about it yet again - for the last 2 years i have been having the hot flushes - feeling of wanting to kill someone - all along with all the problems i have had for over 6 years with fibro. dr sending me for blood tests on friday - incl thyroid diabetis and many others...... will keep you all posted. it may help....

gentle hugs

crystal (jan)
crystal24
UKFM Member

Postby Pammie » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:55 am

[color=darkgreen]
Pammie
UKFM Member

WOMENPAUSE !!!

Postby Louise 05 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:57 am

Hi i had a hysterectomy 8 yrs ago, i am 38 and been having hot flushes, night sweats and mood swings for about a year now. I believe that i get symptoms on a monthly basis when period would have been. I have been crying alot lately and cant stop, and all other fibro symptoms seem worse so i think the menopause does make it slightly worse.
Hope this is useful, sorry cant be more positive
Louise
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :( [/i]
Louise 05

menopause

Postby andrea » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:02 am

HI all, i,m 32 and had hysterectomy 7 years ago. I have been on hrt for 2 years now and although that does help slightly my fm is deffinatly getting worse. for a long time i thought it was the menopause as i had no idea about fm, i strongly believe that there is an effect from the hormone imbalance cos i feel like death at the moment! this is something that i am struggling with also so i understand how confusing and frightening it is. When i first started menopause i thought i was going out of my mind, alot of the menopausal symptoms are the same as fm e.g confusion, itching, increased pain( as if we dont have enough ha ha) irritable bowl and bladder and countless more symptoms The biggest effect i find though is on my energy levels( i have none)
Any more news on this subject can only be invaluble in learning more about this retched desease
Best wishes to all and catch you later
andrea[/code]
HaPpY
andrea
UKFM Member

Postby tina » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:31 am

hi all, i think you 're right as i too had menopause early 39 and health went down hill after that, never feeling quite right but no definite symptoms to pin point anything for 10 yrs HRT made me feel worse but stayed with it for 6 yrs until flushes became more bearable but don't take it now. I didn't like too many drugs at any one time and strongly believe they can work against each other. Almost drug free now so at least i know that pain/symptoms i have now are FMS/CFS and not side affects as well.

take care tina

will try and sleep now ha ha ha!!!
tina
UKFM Member

Menopause

Postby Sarah » Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:51 pm

Wow. I am 6 months post diagnosis of FM, but symptoms started about 12 years ago. I am interested to read about the early menopause as I had menopause at age 38 (am now 47), and health very "up and down" since then. I finally made a spreadsheet of all health issues I had been tested for over the last 12 years, all the scans and MRI's and cardiac workups only to be told "it must be muscular" and then sent on my way. I took the spreadsheet to a good rheumotologist and was diagnosed several weeks later. I have wondered often if the premature menopause was related. This is very enlightening.

Sarah
Sarah

Postby tina » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:14 pm

makes you sit up and think as most FMS/CFS sufferers are female, although a few men do have what is called "the male menopause" could there be a connection?

Reading back thru posts i see many of you have had hysterectomy which can cause hormonal inbalances (could that be another connection). I was sterilised at 33 after 2 children maybe i set my own fate who knows.

well enough food for thought tonite
spk 2 u soon
tina
tina
UKFM Member

Postby lyz » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:55 pm

lyz
UKFM Member

Early menopause

Postby katy59 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:24 am

Hi, was just reading post, i'm 46 now but started menopause at 30, about the same time as everthing eles started.Have been on HRT ever since,apart for a short time, without the HTR life was even worse. maybe it is all conected to hormones.
katy59

Return to Help / Tips on Coping