[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Can this help? Has anyone tried it?

Can this help? Has anyone tried it?

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Can this help? Has anyone tried it?

Postby purplesusi » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:57 am

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone has ever used a turkish bath for helping to relieve the aches and pains and if so what did they think?

I do not have a hydrotherapy pool near me but I do have access to turkish bath in a leisure centre.
Thanks for listening

Susi
purplesusi
UKFM Member

Re: Can this help? Has anyone tried it?

Postby shazq » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:17 pm

I have never had either, but if you have a chance to try it out i would go for it.

Let us know how you get on.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby rosie66 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:29 pm

How lovely, i'm jealous,yes ,let us know how you got on,lucky you :lol:
rosie66
UKFM Regular

Postby purplesusi » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:27 pm

I think everyone would or at least should have one at one of their local council leisure centres.

Have a look on your local council website and put in leisure centre or swimming pool.

Good luck

Please, if anyone has tried this can you let me know how you got on.
Many thanks
Susi x
:wave:
purplesusi
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:06 pm

Tried a thermal (bore) pool in Australia, but it was far too warm for me and i felt as though i was going to faint - but everything is worth a go, let us know how you get on.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:42 am

The one near me closed in 1963 :shock:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby purplesusi » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:50 pm

Hi guys,

Well I promised I would report back, so here I am. I went and I was under the impression the turkish bath would be warm/hot.. OH NO :nono: ....It wasn't. It was a cold plunge pool..lol

So I made use of the steam room but in future, all I can do is use the jacuzzi in our other leisure centre, 6 miles down the road..

x x
purplesusi
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:31 pm

That must of been a shock to the system..lol.
At least we will know not to try it out now.

At least you had a go in the steam room, i hate hot Baths/Places, so they are not good for me.

Good luck in the jacuzzi .
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby motherelephant » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:36 pm

im the same as shaz ,im very intollerent to heat makes me feel very ill. motherelle.x
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Return to Help / Tips on Coping