[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Ear Plugs!

Ear Plugs!

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Ear Plugs!

Postby BuffyBoo » Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:05 pm

Sometimes my mind wanders, sometimes it leaves altogether!
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

earplugs

Postby andicg » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:02 pm

andicg
UKFM Member

Postby Rita56 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:23 pm

Rita56
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:28 am

:D Hi folks, lucky me gets free earplugs!! If you have a partner in the forces they always have a pocketful of them!! And those peeps with partners who snore loudly.......I mentioned it somewhere on here before but I think my hubbys snoring causing my sleepless nights for so long was a part of my getting fibro!! I'd been sleeping with earplugs for years, some nights I had to resort to listening to radio via headphones ALL night to try to drown out the sound it was so bad but now.....miracle of miracles, he has been treated by the Sleep Clinic and he has a sleep machine that has improved his snoring to almost nil. All I thought tho' was......all those wasted years of sleepless nights!! Ho hum :roll: Joo x
Smile - you might as well and it makes better looking wrinkles!!!
Joo
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:17 pm

I've used them everynight for about a week now, I might not need them so much when Boyfriend goes home. Will keep you posted.
I'm going to try the ones from superdrug, there's one in Ponty so I must try and get into town.
I LOVE my earplugs.
They don't drown out everything but they drown out enough.
Buffy x
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:38 pm

:D Do the civvy ones come in pretty colours then Buffster?!!! Joo x :lol:
Joo
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:45 pm

If they don't, they bally well should!
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby Rita56 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:43 pm

I used some called BQ.You got about 12 in a box,little round balls of wax and had to mould them in your hands before inserting them.Like I said before,I used to have to hunt round the bed for them in the mornings as they would come out during the night and the dog used to like eating them if she got hold of them :) She ate my husbands nose clips too for snoring :) The snoring has improved so I don't get kept awake so much now.I found a great remedy,a swift kick or elbow :D
Take Care
Rita xx :)
Rita56
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:09 am

:D Mine are like the ones you used to get at swimming pools - spongey - and you had to roll the end in your fingers, pop it in and then it expanded to fit. I found tho, with having to wear them for years at night, that I got a lot of ear wax and I was told that it wasn't a good thing to use them regularly, especially in both ears at once. So I'm really happy that hubby got his sleep machine from the hospital and I'm sleeping much better........22 years too late!!!! (By the way, he feels soooooooo much better too! Loads more energy) Joo x :wink:
Joo
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:13 am

I bet he does feel better, sleep apnoea can make you feel as schitty as CFS.
Well done on getting it sorted.
I didn't wear my plugs last night cos B/F has gone home... He was disturbing my sleep by using the pc and watching telly. He "just can't" settle down to sleep when I do... so Earplugs was an attempt to stay sane.
I managed 4 hours sleep the first time and 3 the second and I was only awake between them long enough to feel pain, take tablets and get back into bed on my other side. I am pleased that I got so much sleep. I promised my eldest I'd take him into town today, so I have to go out later but I know it's not going to be as taxing as Physio/hydro so that's ok.
I have one of those things for looking into your ears so I'll make sure my wax doesn't build up too much. Thanks for that hint.
Right , time to get moving, not everyone is awake at 7.50 in the morning, some of us don't surface usually til afternoon :roll: This is EARLY for me.
Buffy x
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby IanR » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:54 pm

IanR
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:31 pm

:evil: Well Ian, I did read this and I think dirt track is the only track you're on mate!!! :shock: Fancy thinking poor, sweet, gentle Buffster could be any way involved with a big, muscular physio? I mean....who would fancy all those strong firm muscles and having a couch always nearby would make a man attractive? Honestly Ian, sometimes I think you're from Planet Bubblewrap!!!!!! :roll: Joo x
Joo
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:29 pm

I've been very good, I've not wiggled my jiggly bits at any of the physio's tho one was extremely tall, muscular and tanned. I almost wiggled my jiggly bits but felt that if I started, the aftershock would go on for hours seeing as I am now sporting this season's "jabba the hut" look.
What do you mean it's not this season......isn't slimey green the new black anymore?? bagger!

Buffy x
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping