Acupuncture helps.

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Acupuncture helps.

Postby abelarde » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:58 pm

I have been seeing a Chinese physician for acupuncture, of date I have been to her 7 times (weekly). Though FMS cannot be treated, acupuncture somehow relieve some unwanted side effects from western medication (I am on Duloxetine 30mg at night).

Duloxetine helps a little for my condition, but the side effects is plenty! Apart from dizziness that most patients experienced, I have headache, insomnia, excessive sweating, excessive night urine.....Worst being insomnia and increase urinating at night, some nights I had to wake up 4 times to go to the wash room :( .

I told my Chinese physician my problems and most importantly is I 'must' sleep throught the night, so that my muscles can rest and get better. She poked a few needles around my kidney (i think so), and you guess what? After that I am able to sleep through most of the nights :D .

As for the pain I am not expecting miracle to happen as I have had this pain for soooooooo many years :( , but things are getting better now. I also observe what I eat, eating food that the chinese considered 'cool' will worsen my pain. Example drinking fresh coconut water ( but coconut flesh is fine cos it is not consider cool) left me slept through the night with very bad muscle pain. I won't not stop drinking it totally, a few sips won't hurt.

I think it is well known that people suffer from FMS need to watch out for alcohol, chocolate and citrus, eating too much worsen the pain. I can't drink so avoiding alcohol is not an issue with me, I do love chocolate but cutting down is fine with me too.
abelarde
UKFM Member

Re: Acupuncture helps.

Postby abelarde » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:10 pm

I am quite curious on how the acupuncture was carry out over at UK? I hope ppl out there have been through can tell me more.
What my physicial do is, she will swabbed my skin with alcohol, pierced the needles, put something that looks like incense material to the tip of the needles, light up like a incense. Then she would placed a TDP Lamp (Special Electronic Health Lamp), about 30 cm from my back. I usually would sleep through the 30 minutes session. After all the needles were removed, she would scrap my back with a thing that looks like a comb without the 'teeth', when this is done, cupping session follows. Last but not least, she would pierces two needles over my neck (the most tense and painful areas), and pulled out immediately, she would then massage the pierced site.
abelarde
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping