[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Educating People

Educating People

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

my name is Fribromyalgia

Postby Tattoo » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:54 am

not sure if any of you have read the following, someone sent it to me with the spoons Theory;-

My name is Fibromyalgia and i;m an invisible chronic illness. I am now velcroed to you for life. Others around you can't see or hear me but YOUR body feels me. i can attack you anywhere and anyhow i please. I can cause severe pain or, if i'm in a good mood, i can just make you ache all over. Remember when you and Energy ran around together having fun ? I took Energy from you and gave you Exhaustion. Try to have fun now! I also took Good Sleep from you and in its place gave you Brain Fog. I can make you tremble internally or make you feel cold when everyone else feels normal. oh yeah, i can make you feel anxious and depressed too. If you have something planned or are looking forward to a great day, i can take that away from too. You didn't ask for me, I chose you for various reasons. Thats virus you had and never recovered from, or that car accident or maybe it was those years of abuse and trauma. Well, anyway i'm here to stay !
Your family and friend and co-workers will all listen to you until they just get tired of hearing about how i make you feel and that i'm a debilitating disease. Some of them will say things like "oh you are just having a bad day" or "Well remember you can't do things you use to do 20 years ago" not hearing that you said 20 days ago. Some will just start talking behind your back, while you feel you are losing your diginity trying to make them understand, especially when you in a conversation with a 'normal' person and you can;t remember what you were going to say next !
In closing i guess you have already found out that the ONLY place you will get any support and understanding in dealing with me is with other people with Fibromyalgia.

i gave this to a few close friends to read and i know there were shocked by it.

regards
Valerie
'Awake we all share one world, asleep we journey into a realm alone'
Tattoo
UKFM Newbie

Postby Joo » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:46 pm

:shock: Think I wanna cry now :cry: I wanna forget I have fibro and I can do it here knowing that you're all feeling the same!!! :lol: Those sad, depressing fibro stories really make me feel worse!!! Surely I'm not the only one to feel that way?!! I had a browse round an American mens fibro site and it was sooooooooooo depressing!!! Wheres all the fun in life gone? I certainly have a lot as often as I can!!!! Fibro hasn't killed anyone yet so until it does I aim to enjoy my new life!!!!

:roll: Joo x :wink:
Smile - you might as well and it makes better looking wrinkles!!!
Joo
UKFM Member

Postby Phoebe » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:16 pm

:) hey Joo im with you on that one i cried when i read Tattoo's posting i hate Fibro but im gonna survive xxxx :D
Keep Smiling, Pheebs xxxx
Phoebe
UKFM Member

Postby Rita56 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:57 pm

Take Care
Ritaxx
Rita56
UKFM Member

Postby wendysz » Mon May 01, 2006 9:12 pm

wendysz
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Mon May 01, 2006 10:53 pm

Sometimes my mind wanders, sometimes it leaves altogether!
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Mon May 01, 2006 11:23 pm

Joo
UKFM Member

Postby TinaT » Tue May 02, 2006 11:06 am

"If you see someone without a smile - give them one of yours"
TinaT
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Tue May 02, 2006 12:04 pm

Joo
UKFM Member

Postby TinaT » Tue May 02, 2006 1:00 pm

"If you see someone without a smile - give them one of yours"
TinaT
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Tue May 02, 2006 1:54 pm

Joo
UKFM Member

Postby Phoebe » Tue May 02, 2006 5:45 pm

Keep Smiling, Pheebs xxxx
Phoebe
UKFM Member

Postby wendysz » Tue May 02, 2006 5:57 pm

wendysz
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Tue May 02, 2006 8:57 pm

Joo
UKFM Member

Postby wendysz » Wed May 03, 2006 5:49 pm

Spoil sport :o :o :o
wendysz
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Help / Tips on Coping