How is everyone getting on with...

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

How is everyone getting on with...

Postby lullabybunny1 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:22 pm

college?

as you know i started y degree with the open universtiy in October. I starting my next course in Feb. I am fallilng behind with this course already and im panicking. the more i panick the more pain im in. Also i thought if i did this, i could work from home and everything will be fine, im only 19 got my whole life? im getting a bit bored to be honest.

So how are you all getting on?
lullabybunny1
UKFM Member

Re: How is everyone getting on with...

Postby deborah123 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:32 pm

hi bunny..i started my diploma course in college in sept.its one nite a week up at the college and its been great.im loving it so much.even if im feeling ill sore tired b4 i go when i get there i love it to bits and have met and become friends with all the other women doing it to..best thing iv done this year..its reflexolgy im doing...brilliant.x
deborah123
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:30 pm

Home college here.. doing an online course and it's not going too well at the mo :( I've sort of hit a bad patch and can't concentrate on it enough to get the work done :oops:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby lullabybunny1 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:49 pm

snap.. My mum is going on about how i will be able to work, for myself, working just 10hrs a week. she said i can easily work 2 hrs a day, 5 days a week. 2hrs is a lot, i don't know if i could do that
lullabybunny1
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:09 am

2 hours a day every day is a lot. I do a few hours a day on a Friday and sometimes a Monday as well (well spaced out as you can see) I volunteer in a charity shop and the work is as easy as I want it to be, involves as much sitting, standing or walking around as I want so I'm not stuck doing one thing which causes pain. Even doing this much is hard as it takes it out of me the next day and I'm sore, achey and too tired/in pain to sleep (I woke up at 10 to 5 this morning)

I know I wouldn't be able to do 5 days in a row.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby fedup » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:23 pm

this helps so much i was working full time and now do 24 hours a week and im really struggling makes me feel useless as my husband works full time but seeing ur posts makes me feel more normal. im doing full time uni aswell but have had to take a year out as im not coping wellx hope all is going well just take it one day at a timex
fedup
UKFM Member

Postby Harley » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:11 am

Hi Bunny

I'm currently doing a couple of OCR IT courses at my local college.It's only 3 hours on a tuesday and thursday so gives me time in between to recover.My plan is to get qualified so as to start working for myself from home.

I had applied to do a social science course with the OU but can't get the funding and can't afford to pay for it myself so have had to give up on that idea.

If I didn't do my courses I think my brain would stagnate.
Harley
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping