[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Alpha-stim SCS

Alpha-stim SCS

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Alpha-stim SCS

Postby Deegill » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:49 pm

'm a guniea pig trying it at this very moment, it is attached to my ears and sending shockwaves to my brain, im using it at the moment as feel stressed, that i could blow any moment, and i dont know why. so thought id give this a go, feel slightly calmer.

It helped me with tiredness the other day.

The alpha-stim, generates a unique, proprietary electrical waveform - that allows your body's cells to operate naturally and bring you relief. the one i'm using helps with anxiety, insomnia and depression, and tiredness, although you can get one to help with all these as well as pain, that one costs £369!

just wandered if anyone else has tried it and how they got on.
A smile a day keeps the doctor away!

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Re: Alpha-stim SCS

Postby shazq » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:02 pm

Hi
That sounds great.
Could you keep us all updated on how you get on with it.

Hope it continues to ease your pain. :hugs:
It is a lot of money but its always nice to hear if an aid works.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Mr.A » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:45 pm

Any improvement?
Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby Deegill » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:21 pm

Well so far, it has helped with the pain in my hands and back when i was in pain the other day - i dont think this one is for pain, mainly for anxiety, insomnia, help fatigue, the one with pain is over £300, so as this one seems to be helping with it, all well and good as it is just over £200, rather expensive still!

I have been waking up in the morning around 7am, getting up around 8am, by 11am i want to go to sleep again, i use the alpha stim and it does work, for me anyhow, which is great. I do have to be careful not to turn it up to high as it makes you giddy and sick, not a nice feeling at all, using it, you feel a tiny sensation on your ears - this is were it is attached too, and the front of your brain feels a little tight, as i have it on low, i have to wear for about an hour, which isnt too bad, its portable.

Will keep you updated, the company tried to phone me today but i was driving, so they might phone me again tomorrow.

Denise x

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby julieann » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:37 pm

Hi,
I was just wandering how you have been getting on with the Alpha Stim as I am really interested in trying it.
Does yours help with the pain as well as anxiety and stress,or would you advise getting the more expensive
one to help with the pain?The only thing putting me off is that it looks quite complicated where you have
to place all the pads and probes so I was hoping that the one you have got might be helping with the pain as
well.
Hope you are still improving..look forward to hearing from you.

Julieann
julieann
UKFM Newbie

Postby SamJL » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:26 pm

Hi all
I just got my Alpha Stim 100 today and have used the the CES (which is the same as the Stress Control System) and I definately feel calmer and relaxed AND the pain in my arms, shoulders and neck has reduced too. The bumf that came with it says that although it is for stress/anxiety/ depression and insomnia people with Fibromyalgia may also find it useful for pain control!
I got the 100 because I also suffer with tendonitis in my left shoulder + bursitis in my hips so I thought the MES (pain control system) might help for that.
Also, I can use it for the rest of the families aches and pains ... we're a sorry bunch really :wink:
I'll let you know how I get on.
Sam
SamJL
UKFM Newbie

Postby Deegill » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:32 pm

Hi all

At the end of the day it wasnt for me, yes, it made me calmer and relaxed me, but i think i had it up too high one night, cause since then, im dizzy on standing and laying down, no matter how slowly i do it,
I really needed it for CFS, i wanted it to work for me to stay awake, but it didnt, also the conducter gel irritated my ears.

The 100 was suggested as its helps with pain, and i was offered a discount, but would rather trial it, although, i can buy and get some money back if it doesnt work.

However, most pains i can cope with, its the tiredness i cant, so im trialing D-Ribose at the moment for it.

looking forward to reading your post Sam to see how you get on.

Denise xx
Deegill
UKFM Member

Postby SamJL » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:04 pm

Hi again
Quick update so far.
I've been using the CES every day for the last 10 days and the MES I've used 3-4 times over the same period. I do find on a higher setting it makes me dizzy so I use it on a low setting for an hour instead and I've been fine .I certainly feel different already. I'm sleeping better,feel relaxed and theres a definate improvement in the debilitating fatigue I had been suffering with. Pain wise there is an improvement, its not dramatic but I ache less and my muscles feel less stiff and heavy. I still have myofascial pain and joint pain but its early days. I've ordered some Corvalen M as some of the research showed even more improvement if this is taken as well as using the CES daily.
Disadvantages I'd say are with the MES. For the best effect the electrode positions need to be changed every 10-20 minutes which is a bit of a drag and it takes hours which is why I've only managed it 3 or 4 times.
I'll be continuing with it. They say it can be 3 weeks before you begin to notice any difference so I'm quite pleased so far. I've started 15 minutes of pilates a week and hopefully will be able to start swimming soon (well stretching exercises in water :roll: ) but I think all these things in combination with my heat packs, I might finally be getting somewhere!
Sam
SamJL
UKFM Newbie

Return to Help / Tips on Coping