[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - How to Cope With Black Days

How to Cope With Black Days

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: How to Cope With Black Days

Postby Hedgewitch » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:53 pm

Just looked out a Pilates DVD, that has to be a positive step :-) xxx
'to thine own self be true'
Hedgewitch
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:07 pm

Hi Hedgewhich
Glad to hear you are feeling better.
Just enjoy the good days and try not to think about the next flare.
Sorry to hear about your feet, hope it does not take long to repair them, hope it will give you more mobility. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby princess » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:37 pm

My daughter does Pilates, i tried to sit on the ball lololol and i just couldnt keep my balance so i gave it up as a bad job.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby Hedgewitch » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:41 am

This week was a bad week, but I'm sitting here right now thinking how lucky I am. Why? Well, because I've had bad weeks in the past and felt that I had nobody to talk to and that even if I did I would never be able to vocalize how I was feeling. And then you guys came along -you have no idea what a difference you've made to my frame of mine! Thank you everyone.

Thanks to you guys I've calmed down because I've been able to express myself without the fear of upsetting you. More importantly I guess I feel better because I'm embarrassed about being ill but I know you all understand. The fact that you guys feel crap too and yet you've taken time out to give me advice -thats amazing.

I've taken everything on board and I'm amazed that what I thought was an aweful week has turned out to be a lucky week for me.

Thanks xxx
Hedgewitch
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:25 am

Good to hear you feeling more positive, long may it continue :D :hugs:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:53 pm

Here Here. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Hedgewitch » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:37 pm

Thanks everyone!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hedgewitch
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:21 pm

Well done on getting the Pilates DVD. I'm loving Darcey Bussells atm...must go do it this morning!

Even if it's a long road back, keep working towards being able to run again. I'm now working towards being able to ski again (and that's despite HMS as well!). Anything is possible.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby Hedgewitch » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:05 pm

Thanks Linzworld and well done on the pilates and the skiing goal. I had a mad thought on Sunday evening, I thought -why don't I just put my trainers on and run the distance of a couple of lamp-posts? Now, I haven't done it yet but I think I might now. Why shouldn't we work towards goals like that? I know in my case it would only be a few yards but technically I will have been for a run, so that's bound to be good psychologically.

Good luck with the ski-ing and thanks for the encouragement. xxxx
Hedgewitch
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:34 pm

The distance of a couple of lampposts is a great idea, if you manage that today then maybe 3 next time? :hugs:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby LinzWorld » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:59 pm

I'd try walking first. Maybe walk 2 lamp-posts distance from your house then try running back?
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby Hedgewitch » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:48 pm

Hehe, I haven't tried the running idea yet but I keep thinking about it as I lie here in agony. wILL IT EVER STOP RAINING? I don't know about you lot but going outside just now is not a good idea. I didn't manage to get up until 2.30 this afternoon. The pain was the worst its been in years, that ice-cold searing pain in the neck, shoulders, chest, elbows, hands and face. Managed to have a warm shower while sitting in a warm bath but didn't manage to dry my hair because the thought of trying to hold the hair-dryer and the noise...well, you can imagine.

So, no walking or running yet but as soon as it stops raining I want to try it. I've gleaned so many helpful hint from this forum and just knowing I can come on here and 'talk' has stopped me from tipping over the edge this week. One of the pieces of advice was to but in ready-made meals to use on the bad days. Well, after all these years of only cooking home-mead everything from scratch and everything being organic I decided to do it; I got Tesco to deliver a freezer-load!!!! And, yesterday was a baaaaaad day but it was made a whole lot better by being able to chuck lasagne and oven chips in the oven and cook some green stuff in the steamer. Phew, and I didn't have to peel or stir anything!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for the tips everyone xxxxxxx
Hedgewitch
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:15 pm

Sorry to hear you are still in pain hedgewitch, hope you feel better tomorrow. :hugs:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gillshutt » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:58 am

I swear by Sainsbury's family size lasagne (it really is family size :shock: ) So many of these shops seem to think growing kids will eat a portion the size of a sixpence :evil: but this is big enough for 5 of us... two rather tall males included one of which intends on getting taller :yikes: :lol:

As for oven chips I can't cook homemade anymore since we bought the chip fryer, I can't lift it :nono: so it's oven chips for me too. I also buy ready prepared lettuce which is more expensive but saves a lot of time.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Hedgewitch » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:45 pm

Tesco's Sweet and Sour this evening ......needed two each for the kids but hey, it got me through another bad day. xxx
Hedgewitch
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Help / Tips on Coping