[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - works for me

works for me

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

works for me

Postby Phoebe » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:13 pm

Keep Smiling, Pheebs xxxx
Phoebe
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:37 pm

Sometimes my mind wanders, sometimes it leaves altogether!
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby Phoebe » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:42 pm

Phoebe
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:45 pm

Sometimes my mind wanders, sometimes it leaves altogether!
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby Lynda » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:26 pm

Growing old is essential..........growing up isnt ;-)
Lynda
UKFM Member

Postby Phoebe » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:16 pm

Phoebe
UKFM Member

Postby fibroshaz » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:25 pm

Hi Phoebe,

My OT, via social services, was a real help.

I have an elecric bath seat and hand rail,
double stair-rails,
a rail and step at the front door,
perching stool in the kitchen
and half-way up stairs,
and a trolley for taking things from kitchen to lounge.

I was also approved a stair lift, but since Ive ben on Guai, I no longer need that so cancelled it.

Hope your OT is as helpful :)

shaz x
Ive not lost the 'old me', just become a 'new me'
fibroshaz
UKFM Member

Postby Phoebe » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:08 pm

wow so much help thanks for that shaz i wish i could have a trolley from kitchen but i have to go out 6 stairs to get to the lounge thats one of the reasons im hoping to move but the bath help would be brilliant.
thanks again xx
Phoebe
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:49 pm

Hi guys!! Glad you sorted your bath prob, we had a shower put in cos of a small bathroom but I have a lovely neighbour who lets me have an occasional soak in hers!! (she's great and makes me tea and biccies after!!) Only wanted to mention one extra thing, it sounds like it might slip? So pop a rubber mat under it to save that mishap..........I'm a bit of a safety freak!!! :roll:

Joo x :wink:
Smile - you might as well and it makes better looking wrinkles!!!
Joo
UKFM Member

Postby Phoebe » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:50 pm

thanks joo ur a star.
i will def put one under it my neighbour has a shower and i use it from time to time but bathroom is freezing so now spring is here i will be in there more often.xx
Phoebe
UKFM Member

Postby mairi » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:41 pm

My bath rail is roughly the shape of a wing! It sits over and behind the taps, at each sides it rests on the bath edge and at the front the bar provides a good grip. It is easier to use than side hand rails as your arms are out in front of you. It can be raised up out of the way if not used by others. This rail plus a decent bath mat have let me get the benefit of a soak in warm water for many years. Do have many times when I wonder whether I can risk getting in/ have the strength to get out but to date have managed. Will find the catalogue description if anybody wants it as mine above is not great!
mairi
UKFM Member

Postby Lynda » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:59 pm

[quote="
the shower sounds really painful could you put a stall in it and sit down?[/quote]

I am hoping to persuade housing to put new shower in for me, want one of those ones that have the jets full length with a seat in it.

thats providin b/f or daddy will buy one for me, keep droppin hints, but neither of em picked them up yet lol
Growing old is essential..........growing up isnt ;-)
Lynda
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:35 pm

Show them your post on here Lynda!! :lol:

When we had our shower put in I had a hand rail put in just as a 'steadier' for me - very useful. If my shower was bigger I would put a plastic stool in but it ain't!!! :roll:

Where's that winning lottery ticket when you need it eh?

Joo
UKFM Member

Postby Phoebe » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:56 pm

im nagging housing trying to get moved my house is on 4 floors and i even have to go downstairs to kitchen so really need to move x
Phoebe
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:16 pm

Can you get help from social services at all? Or peeps talk about occupational health on here? Do they help with this kind of thing?

Joo
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Help / Tips on Coping