[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Pillow's

Pillow's

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pillow's

Postby Harley » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:51 pm

I need a new pillow and just wondered which ones people found comfortable, I thought they either came in hard or soft but there's hundred's to choose from. I can't sleep on my back because of back problems and noticed there are even different pillow's for different sleeping positions. My old one was comfy but I don't have a clue what sort or make it is :? :?

Any help or advice would be great fully received as at the minuit I'm waking up with a really stiff neck. :D
Harley
UKFM Member

Re: Pillow's

Postby bookworm » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:41 pm

I just tend to have a big pile of pillows and sort of 'fit' into them - as for type - well white rectangles with stuffing do the job for me :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bookworm
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:16 am

I have a memory foam normal pillow (I sleep on my side because of back problems) and then I have a long pillow for at my side and between my knees. Sleep so well with them!
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby smiler22 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:32 am

i cant have feather filled pillows as i have asthma. bu t i usually go for a nice firm pillow but on e that still allows it to mould to me. i tend to have several pillows to get comfy. so that im not lying dead flat. i sleep on my sides. sometimes i have a small cushion one without a zip to place between my knees and one for under my bad wrist to keep it in place... i have also found a v pillow good in the past. as i can put head on one side and the other bit fits snug to the side of me and i can hug it to get my arm comfy. or i can have head on one side and the other side of v fits down my back, so supports my back. they are very handy also as they give support if you wnt to sit up in bed.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:42 am

Normal pillow, memory foam here. I find it helps a lot with my neck pain (I have OA in my neck as well asFM) before I got it I would often wake in the night with dead arms which wasn't fun :? Now it doesn't happen at all.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:15 pm

I have a new memory pillow, i did not like the shape of the neck ones so i got the normal shape pillow.
It took a couple of night to get used to it.
Now i would not be away from it, its so comfy
I got it from Amazon, they have a sale on i got 2 for £10.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Harley » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:17 pm

Thank you all for the information, I'm off to town tomorrow so will have a feel of all the pillow's suggested. :mrgreen:
Harley
UKFM Member

Postby smiler22 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:36 pm

just a quick question for those with a memory foam pillow. please....... when you have one of these do you just have that pillow on its own or do you have other pillows with it...... as im worried that if i have one i would have to have one pillow as that is the best way to get th ebest efeect from using one of these. but i have the prob of needing more than one pillow so i dont lie flat. do to my back.

any answers would be great many thanks.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:26 pm

Hi Similer

I nornmally have 2 pillows as i dont like to be to high, when i start to drop off i use just the memory pillow to sleep on, it was strange for a few nights as it was higher then my old pillows.
I have got used to it now.
Hope this helps.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:02 am

Memory foam pillow on top of a normal pillow mountain here!!! It's one of those shaped ones, not a normal pillow shape. It's made quite a difference to my neck pain which has been really bad for the past few weeks, not fully gone, never does, has been there since C6 was fractured and dislocated 16yrs ago, but made a significant difference, as has the memory foam mattress. MIL found them in a cupboard and gave them to us, am so glad she did. The rest of pillow mountain is made up of fairly firm pillows as well :clap: :clap:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby gillshutt » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:25 am

I only have the memory foam one for sleeping. As Shaz says it's bigger than ordinary pillows so you probably won't need more than one.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby bookworm » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:39 pm

Have you got your pillow yet Harley - hope you gwet a good nights sleep soon :)
bookworm
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:44 pm

I have a nice soft boozom for a pillow :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:07 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Harley » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:07 pm

Harley
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Help / Tips on Coping