[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - memory foam matress and pillows

memory foam matress and pillows

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

memory foam matress and pillows

Postby fifididi88 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:15 pm

Has anyone tryed memory foam items are they any good?

I struggle to get comfy with FM at night time and find I need extra support on my back and hips. Otherwise I just toss and turn at night.

I am on citalopram to help me sleep but just started after comin of nortriptilyne and wondered if the memory foam matress would make my nights sleep a little more comfy.

thanks
fifi :D
fifididi88
UKFM Newbie

Re: memory foam matress and pillows

Postby ladymanvers » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:39 pm

Memory foam doesn't work for me as a pillow (too hard); never tried a mattress. Have tried a feather mattress topper though - VERY good...
ladymanvers
UKFM Member

Postby cariad » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:50 pm

Hi I think memory foam products have been discussed somewhere else on the forum. I bought a memory foam mattress about 4 years ago and wouldnt be without it. So much so that I have one to take away with me as well. Relieves a lot of the pain I used to have after sleeping on my side. Couldnt get on with the pillows though. You ccan get them quite cheaply now on e bay /internet. :D
cariad
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:56 pm

I have a foam topper on my matress and a pillow and wouldn't be without either. I found the matress topper took a couple of days to get used to as it sort of clings to you and makes turning awkward until you are used to it.

We got it for hubbies bad back but it has been a god send for me too. The pillow has saved me many a bad night as I used to wake up with dead arms all the time but it doesn't happen much now.

If you do a search you can find a few threads on this where people have discussed memory foam products.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:31 pm

We bought a memory foam mattress in August as OH said sleeping with me was like sharing a bed with the princess in The Princess and the Pea :lol: :lol: Took a while for me to get used to it, but now am so glad we got it. Altho I still have pain and discomfort and wake up in the night, the mattress gives me a lot more support than the old conventional one did. We also have the shaped memory foam pillows (MIL found them in a cupboard and gave them to us) which has made quite a big difference to the pain in my neck. IMO would recommend giving them a try.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby LinzWorld » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:32 pm

I have a memory foam mattress and pillow and love them. :)
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:12 pm

I have a topper and pillow, it did take a few nights to get used to, i would not be without them now.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby nanatigtig » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:00 am

We wouldn't be with out our memory form mattress, it took a bit of getting used to, the best thing about it is no roll together OH can turn over without disturbing me and vis a vis, the best investment we ever made! :D
nanatigtig
UKFM Member

Postby fifididi88 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:54 pm

Thanks for the advice I think I will look into trying them :D
fifididi88
UKFM Newbie

Postby dinkydoo32 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:17 pm

i've recently bought an orthopaedic pillow which has helped a little with my neck and shoulder pain, I also seem to wake up less frequently with pins and needles/dead arms now since I began using it too.
dinkydoo32
UKFM Member

Postby Mr.A » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:27 pm

Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby Min » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:30 pm

Donate for free to fibro & M.E. charities by using by using Everyclick as your search engine
Min
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:29 pm

I brought my topper mattress and pillows from Amazon.
My topper is 3 cm.
I did not go for the neck shaped pillow as they looked uncomfortable so chose the normal shape one.

I have found them to be a god send, i used to wake so stiff in the mornings, the topper has mattress has made a big difference, it has also helped my restless legs.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby nanatigtig » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:58 am

I bought my memory foam matress from the Blanket tour in Majorica, it was around £475 back in 2005, it has two different weight allowances on each side (you are supposed too add up yours and your partners combined weight ) we find the softer/lower weight side is the best for us, it is bliss.
it also comes with a life time guarntee.
My friend has a tempur matress which is just the same in quality but twice the price. But then add on the cost of a holiday I suppose it works out the same!
nanatigtig
UKFM Member

Postby smiler22 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:19 pm

i have seen that t j hughes have matrresses and toppers for sale worth a look. i am also looking at buying one,
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to Help / Tips on Coping