[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Pain/Tens machine

Pain/Tens machine

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pain/Tens machine

Postby Sunbeam » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:07 pm

hi, can anyone tell me their experience with a Tens machine? Is it worth trying? I am being referred to Pain Clinic and dont want to take one home if they are not effective.
Sunbeam
UKFM Member

Re: Pain/Tens machine

Postby LinzWorld » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:38 pm

They can be helpful. I found it useful at helping to deal with some of the pain. They're not a treatment for Fibro, just a way of helping with some of the pain. But they're worth trying.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby smiler22 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:54 pm

hi firstly the tens machine you get from the pain clinic should be a better one than you can buy say like lloyds chemsit.... they usually have stronger pulse settings and also better conductiond. etc......... therefore alot of people swear by them....i however had one from the pain clinic. anbd tried one four times a day for an hour and half at a time. i could nt get on with it as it hurt me too much i couldnt move. i have fibro but with aload of other probs...... therefore after three weeks i took it back to the pain clincic so someone else could use it......

it is always worrth giving these things a go as if you dont youll never know if they work for you as you are an individual and what works for one might not for another and vice cersa.

you can always give it a go and then take it back like me if its not for you.

good luck and take care.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:09 pm

I use a Tens machine.
I have 4 pads on mine and can higher the pulses and change the settings.
Most chemists sell them.

Anything is worth a try.
There are some people who dont like the feel of them, but if you dont try you wont know.

Good luck. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Help / Tips on Coping