[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - RANT BOX!

RANT BOX!

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

RANT BOX!

Postby BuffyBoo » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:38 am

I thought, maybe it would be a good thing to have a rant box on here.
Somewhere we can pop in and drop off all our rubbish rather than carry it with us. Even I, I know , shock gasp and horror, have my bad days!
I'm always talking about being positive, well how can you be positive if you let negetive stuff build up.
Pop in, drop off, get on!
Who needs Tim Leary!
Sometimes my mind wanders, sometimes it leaves altogether!
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:51 am

I'm having first rant!
Ruddy hospitals....... not mine this time.
My eldest has been getting recurrant virus's for about 18 months with weight loss due to lack of appetite, he's 9 st 12 and 5'11.... You get the picture... he's thin! He has coeliac condition which means he's allergic to gluten but his diet is well controlled and he usually eats like a horse.
He was reviewed a few weeks ago , whilst he was feeling poorly, they sent him for a scan which showed an enlarged spleen. The bloods taken on the 3rd of April have still not returned. I've rang the secretary and she is finally going to chase them up. I've worked in hospitals, blood tests do not take over 3 weeks to report on. The computers are linked, they should be available. My son who is 17 is missing loads of school cos we don't know what is wrong with him, they have suggested Glandular fever but we don't know whether it's still active or recovering.He is fatigued and has lost a fair amount of muscle mass which means he can't do much for long without getting pain(Sound familiar)He has NO tender spots tho... I've poked him vigorously to check! I am worried, my mother is worried and my step mum is nagging me to go private( like I have the money!) I'm fed up with the not knowing, it was bad enough when I was poorly but it's even worse cos it's my boy and I can't do anything to help. The Secretary is sick of the sound of my voice, maybe that will help.
Rant over! Ahhhhh! That's better.
Who's next!
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby Phoebe » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:14 pm

Hi buffy
sorry to read about your son can you get a second opinion from your gp or the hosp.poor kids must be so fed up..best wishes to him and you xxxx
Keep Smiling, Pheebs xxxx
Phoebe
UKFM Member

Postby Rita56 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:56 pm

Take Care
Ritaxx
Rita56
UKFM Member

Postby Lis » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:03 pm

Lis
UKFM Member

Postby wendysz » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:39 pm

wendysz
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:16 pm

Thanks for all your kind words. Much appreciated.
It's hard watching the most active of my children becoming the least active. He's having pain today and has needed painkillers which he normally doesn't take at all.
I've bought him more Complan drinks, they do a squash like drink now, he ate a decent dinner tonight but it was only half the size that he usually eats. I've bought him loads of chocolate for the calories and have put him back onto Whole milk instead of our usual semi skimmed.
He's cheerful enough, he just can't do much without getting tired. I'm still testing for tender spots every couple of days. He tells me to go away!
Hopefully, we will know what is wrong with him soon.
Buffz x

PS this is meant to be a rant box, surely I'm not the only one with a rant.
Trust me to be the miserable bagger! :lol:
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby IanR » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:11 am

rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant

there ya go some ranting :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

seriously though buff sorry to hear your family troubles and i hope things improve very quickly for you all :D

right back to my rant
rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant!!!

{i actually had my rant for the week in gemmielou post that drained me :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: }}

Hugs
Ian
I blame the fibro fog for anything i say or do
IanR
UKFM Member

Postby Phoebe » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:51 am

hi buff hows ur boy today?x
Phoebe
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:45 pm

Hello all,
He's having a good day today, he's still not eating much but he is eating! :D
The Secretary called yesterday and although the results aren't back yet the consultant is sure that it's glandular fever, his spleen although enlarged is of normal texture, which is a good thing. He is waiting for the haematologist to get back to him and then he will review Jake again. I feel a little bit easier now..... Ok it was a big relief... I was very pleased. I know it sounds odd but I'm glad it's something like glandular fever cos although it'll be slow, he will get better. :D
Thanks for all the support, it was much appreciated.
Thanks Ian for ranting..... you're a pal!
Buffy x
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby Lynda » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:18 pm

Hi Buffy,

glad to hear you got somewhere with your sones results, I know how anxious it can be when you find out that the spleen is enlarged, there can be so many reasons why this is so. I got told this about 4 years ago and its still enlarged, but doesnt cause me any problems! Ive had countless tests to find the cause but nothing has shown up..........

I just like to be different lol

give him hugs from me an tell him to eat little and often, he will soon get back into the swing of things

Lyn
Growing old is essential..........growing up isnt ;-)
Lynda
UKFM Member

Postby Phoebe » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:46 pm

Hi buffy
glad u may be a bit closer to a solution and answer to the probs.
thinking of you give your son my best wishes...
Phoebe
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:23 pm

Hi Buff, just saw this thread tonight!!! I don't know, do they hide from me?!!!!

Sorry to hear your lad is having so many probs and I hope he can start to recover really soon, it's hard being ill when you're young cos you want to be out there with your friends n stuff. Please give him my best wishes mate. :wink:
Smile - you might as well and it makes better looking wrinkles!!!
Joo
UKFM Member

Postby Jane » Thu May 04, 2006 10:02 am

sorry to hear about the problems your son has been having. Hope things start to improve soon , big gentle hugs for the both of you.
Jane
Jane
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Thu May 04, 2006 4:57 pm

Are you back from jolly hollies then?
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Help / Tips on Coping