[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - PILLOWS!!

PILLOWS!!

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby fibroshaz » Wed May 03, 2006 1:42 pm

Ive not lost the 'old me', just become a 'new me'
fibroshaz
UKFM Member

Postby TinaT » Wed May 03, 2006 7:11 pm

Hi Everyone,
I have a tempur mattresss and a tempur pillow. I found the mattress to be very hard for the first couple of weeks and thought it would have to go. :x It seemed to help me rest easier, but after about two months, I began to feel as if I'd been at the bottom of a rugby scrum (again!). :roll: Didn't want to give up altogether (cost too much) so decided to try a goose feather topper. Much better - wake up feeling as if I'd been at the bottom of a lighter rugby scrum now! :) The pillow also seems quite hard and has taken some getting used to, but I only get up occasionally with neck pain now - so that's got be good!
Also tried sleeping on a folded duvet and was lovely and soft, but I boiled!
Still at least I lay (rarely sleep :D ) easier than I used to. :)
Another thing I do like about the tempur is that you don't roll to the middle - mmmmm - and there's no ridge around the edge which makes it more comfy too.
Gentle hugs,
Tina
"If you see someone without a smile - give them one of yours"
TinaT
UKFM Member

pillows

Postby andrea » Thu May 04, 2006 6:31 pm

Hi Joo, you hit the nail on the head again, I take my pillows everywhere with me, i even took them to malaysia when i went on my honeymoon, they accompany me abroad every time i go, into hospital, ect ect. I have even locked them in my cases when i am out of my hotel room so that the cleaning staff dont take them away by mistake :lol: how sad am i.
HaPpY
andrea
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Thu May 04, 2006 9:50 pm

Thats a good idea to put them in your suitcase Andrea, I wouldn't have thought of that!!!! :roll:
Smile - you might as well and it makes better looking wrinkles!!!
Joo
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Thu May 04, 2006 11:19 pm

Sometimes my mind wanders, sometimes it leaves altogether!
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby Phoebe » Fri May 05, 2006 10:50 am

Keep Smiling, Pheebs xxxx
Phoebe
UKFM Member

Postby Tattoo » Fri May 05, 2006 5:40 pm

'Awake we all share one world, asleep we journey into a realm alone'
Tattoo
UKFM Newbie

Postby Joo » Fri May 05, 2006 11:10 pm

Joo
UKFM Member

Postby Phoebe » Fri May 05, 2006 11:11 pm

Phoebe
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Fri May 05, 2006 11:22 pm

Joo
UKFM Member

Postby Phoebe » Fri May 05, 2006 11:25 pm

Phoebe
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Sat May 06, 2006 8:19 pm

BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Sun May 07, 2006 12:05 am

Well Buffy, now you've joined the land of noddykins with the rest of us snugglebunnies, guess you'll be dossin around in that pit of yours even longer now!!! Those kids'll just have to work harder with the vacuum n washing up mate!!!! How are they by the way? Is your lad feeling a bit better?

And the duvets last ages but i just turn them over and top to bottom every time i change the bedding..........once a year!!!!! (that was actually a joke Ian!!!)

Joo x :wink:
Joo
UKFM Member

Postby BuffyBoo » Sun May 07, 2006 2:21 pm

I managed about 9 hrs last night.....my B/F was impressed and stuff until I reminded him that I could sleep for 24 and still feel like s***!
I cleaned my kitchen on Friday.....from top to waist level...I didn't do the floor(shame on me).The Kitchen has been the responcibility of my eldest and of course he's felt like I have for weeks so it's not been done properly. It's sparkling now! Yesterday I hurt a bit more than I had been hurting,today I feel like that steam roller got me once on the way through and then again on the way back! :? B/F is stropping cos I did this to myself...so he's gone back to sleep. I'm now sitting on my Gym ball cos it moves and I don't get pressure spots hurting like I would on a chair.
Good news is that Jake is picking up. He's on the waiting list to see a haematologist. He went into School for an afternoon on Thursday but was knackered so didn't go in Friday. He's gonna try again Monday. My kitty cat has made a full recovery from her spay (she was poorly a few days ago, I thought she and Oscar were on their way out!). Oscar is still wagging his tail although he is now vomiting 3 times a night(at least it was ,last night...all in my room, just what you need to wake up to and have to clean away before you can have a cuppa)but apart from that all is well and happy in this mad house.
I'm going to make a cuppa now. see if I can drink it in peace(crosses fingers).
BuffyBoo
UKFM Member

Postby Joo » Sun May 07, 2006 3:27 pm

Joo
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Help / Tips on Coping