[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - BATHTIME !

BATHTIME !

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

BATHTIME !

Postby polldoll » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:17 pm

Hi everyone,,

Can anyone tell me if you can buy a soft bathmat to put in the bath, it would have to be padded. I cannot sit or lay on a hard surface, so at the moment I can only shower. I would love to soak in a hot bath to help with the pain. thanks soft hugs to you allxx
polldoll
UKFM Newbie

Re: BATHTIME !

Postby fairy dust » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:52 pm

:( i cant get in a bath, i have to shower but i was finding it impossible to stand for so long so my OT had a seat fixed to the wall of the shower so now i can sit down,im only 29 but already my bathroom looks like an elderly persons (i also have the raised toilet seat with handles) as my bathroom is downstairs it is alot easier for me BUT needing the loo at night and getting there is terrible so ive been givern a commode,again imbarressing at 29 but i have had to grin and bear it as without their help i would be well and truelly stuck !! :grouphug:
please bear with me - my brain works fine its the body that lets me down !
fairy dust
UKFM Member

Postby Miss sleepy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:21 pm

would putting a large towel in the bottom of the bath help? I did that with my son as a baby instead of faffing with a baby bath.

I am the opposite, cant shower as my feet are too painful and my arms wont lift to wash my hair but I can manage getting in and out bath and can manage washing hair if I lye down and my arms are floating in a deep bath :) I have also got a great method od drying my hair involving lysing on my stomach on the bed with a chair infront of it to rest elbows on - DP thinks its hilarious!
Never judge a day by the weather.
The best things in life aren't things.
Speak softly and wear a loud shirt.
Goals are deceptive - the unaimed arrow never misses.
Beauty is internal - looks mean nothing.
No rain - no rainbows.
Miss sleepy
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:46 pm

thank goodness i am not the only one who lies down in the bath to wash hair :!: :!:

i have always felt almost ashamed of doing this cause i know its impossible to rinse it properly lying down in water but i cannot handle holding the spray hose thing and then having to do the shampooing and conditioning. i guess really i could ask my OH to do it but that feels worse somehow - hes my partner not a nurse :oops:
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:51 pm

You can buy long bath mats, i cant remember where i have seen them though. :?
I cant get in and out of my bath its very deep, i now have a walk in shower with a seat fitted down stairs.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Elsbeth » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:02 pm

Oh I love baths.. been a long time since I was able to manage one though.

I too have a raised toilet seat and a shower seat, hand rails everywhere..oh well. It all helps.
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Postby princess » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:30 pm

I tired a bath two weeks ago, after a long long time - it was a nightmare with even a mat - coulnt get in a position to wash myhair and then couldnt get out lol
So it will be showers for me from now on - again!!!!
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby nanatigtig » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:48 am

Can't remember the last time I had a Bath! :yikes: :oops:
nanatigtig
UKFM Member

Postby Ellen Tracey » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:06 pm

What about a piece of foam? or a float like what they use in the swimming baths?, although that would float if not stuck down with suckers??? , you could do with a big bath sponge type thing?? check the internet maybe, if not perhaps somewhere that does seat foaming? or one of those dining room seat pads?, i have the same trouble in the bath, it hurts the base of my spine :yikes:
Ellen Tracey
UKFM Member

Postby Wacky Racky » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:38 pm

im a bath person and find it easier to wash my hair in the bath as well, it does hurt my back when lyeing down though, but it is easier to wash, rinse and condition in the bath then bending over the sink to wash it.

I also like a HOT bath with bubbles, it gets me warm and soothes aches too, think i do have it too hot though sometimes but the hotter the better :wink:
Wacky Racky
UKFM Member

Postby B0B » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:45 am

Of all the things I lost in life, I miss my youth the most.
B0B
UKFM Member

Postby polldoll » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:54 pm

Thank you so much for your replies, very helpful, I am going to get some foam from the market and give it a try xx
polldoll
UKFM Newbie

Return to Help / Tips on Coping