Peeling Vegeteables!!

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Peeling Vegeteables!!

Postby KateXXXXXX » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:30 pm

Peeling stuff doesn't give me more pain, but I do sometimes end up dropping them or firing them across the room! It's taking a long time but I'm learning to ask for help when this happens.

On a good day I can peel and slice like a pro. On a bad day I can barely pick up a spud, never mind scrub or peel it.
Kate XXXXXX R.C.T.Q Madame Chef des Trolls
Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons
http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
KateXXXXXX
UKFM Member

Re: Peeling Vegeteables!!

Postby smiler22 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:00 am

this one of many thins io cant do.
however from years of working with elderly and people with learning dis. i found out the following ways.
: use a nylon scourer to take of peel on new potatoes.
:use a grater to take the peel of one resident used to trap a grater in a vice that was on the edge of worktop then simply move the carrot or potatoe down it until all peel was off.
:put in water and par boil. the peel comes of easier then by simply rubbing. (you do have to check though that get to just staring to go soft and then quickly drain them and rub.)
:place in a salad dryer tub and sometimes that can work.
:one girl used to use an exfoliator glove.
:
: if you cant peel fullstop. try cutting potatoes with the skins on up in slices, place in a little oil in a roasting tray an dput in the oven with a little seasoning or herbs and cook and you get lovely potatoe wedges.

the other way is like a lot of the elderly did. they got carrots and potatoes out of the ground simply washed them to get the mud of then cut out the bad bits then simply ate them raw or just cooked them.
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Previous

Return to Help / Tips on Coping