[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - The Lightning Process?

The Lightning Process?

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

The Lightning Process?

Postby RowanWolf » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:12 pm

I heard about this treatment not long ago from someone I know who had a friend with ME that tried it. Apparently it worked really well!
I'm await updates on that.
It is supposed to work for all related conditions.
Anyone else here heard of it or anyone that may have heard of it or tried it?

Here is a link for information on what this treatment is, I've yet to get as far as finding out where this person who has had the treatment got it done.

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.

That which doesn't kill me...had better run pretty damn fast.
RowanWolf
UKFM Member

Re: The Lightning Process?

Postby velvet » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:19 pm

sounds like expensive CBT to me i am afraid - so you learn to love your pain and see it as positive. yes it can be incredibly useful and liberating to learn this but i dont think it is going to cure anything
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby RowanWolf » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:49 pm

It was described a bit differently to me before.
But as I've said I know someone who is much much better after having had it. And awaiting reports from two others.

RowanWolf
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:26 am

I owuld say that it's a very good way of getting rich... if you are selling not buying.

It may help but it's not going to make you better and it IS going to make you a lot worse off financially.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby tamsin » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:30 am

I have been through the lightening process and had mixed results.The 3 days on the process pumps you full of positivity and that leaves you feeling great but my life is one of stress and financial worries (especially after saving very hard to pay for the lightening process), and gradually I began to feel bad again.
Although Initially I felt great and was able to do far more than i had been able to for ages, I soon began to go down hill and now after a couple of years I am far worse than ever.
The other people on the course were from more comfortable backgrounds with high paid jobs and seemed to be there as a result of phobias, burn out at work etc
I don't want to put people off from trying the lightening process as every one is different and it might be ok for them, I just wanted to put across my experience as it is an expensive way to learn behavioural techniques.
I did find some of it usefull,for example -I used the technique to cope with an M.R.I scan last year which other wise I would have freaked out about and had major panic attack!
My biggest regret is that with all the stress of late (giving up work, benefit appeals etc) and not to mention fibro fog I have forgotten most of what I learned on the course! DOH! :dunno:
tamsin
UKFM Member

Postby RowanWolf » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:07 pm

Thank you Tamsin.
I know it won't work for everyone but I was quite excited to hear it work so well for someone I know.
I'm sorry it did not work for you but good to hear you can use some of what you learnt!

RowanWolf
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:59 am

You can get CBT on the NHS if you want to learn behavioural techniques to help with anxiety, depression or living with chronic pain.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby RowanWolf » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:17 pm

CBT doesn't work, I've tried it.

RowanWolf
UKFM Member

Postby mokerfish » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:05 pm

Yes but isn't CBT about believing in it to work? It's the classic catch 22.
mokerfish
UKFM Newbie

Postby Min » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:29 pm

Please be very careful, I know people who have been made very ill by this and were just told they weren't doing it properly - their £600+ was not refunded.

It seems to be a form of self-hypnosis and behavioral modification (constantly saying 'stop' to yourself for any supposedly 'negative' thought) and marketed in a form of pyramid selling scheme. The 'therapist' are not qualified. People taking part have to sign a form that they will not talk about it.

from December's Private Eye (#1248)

Under "Legal News" (p. 10)

"M.E. sufferers were stunned recently to receive threatening letters =
when they posted their views on the 'Lightning Process', a programme that
allegedly produces 'amazing results' for people not only with M.E. but
'anxiety, panic attack, over-eating, low self-esteem and guilt' too.
When sufferers started reporting they had paid =A3600 for a course that did
not work for them, they received warning of defamation proceedings if they
did not recant.
Donate for free to fibro & M.E. charities by using by using Everyclick as your search engine
Min
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping