[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - the magical plant

the magical plant

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

the magical plant

Postby fender1985 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:20 pm

hey everyone. Just wondering if anyone uses that magical plant for pain and a mood lift. I used to smoke all time, which i regret now. My chest is not good. So i cant smoke, its not so bad because more than infrequant use is not good. It hide's my pain and can make live too much in the moment. Like playing guitar for too long even tho i'll be done in the next day. I cant play guitar anymore. I cook the plant everynow and then and its pain relief is unparalleled. Better than dihydrocodeine and tramadol. Also put's me in a great mood. Cooking it can give upto 8hours of relief. Maybe more. Smaller dose's could give more pain relief and just a relaxed feeling rather than a high. I quite enjoy the latter:) does anyone else do something similar? Or have considered trying it? By the way i dont condone drug abuse but this is a natural plant that is so beneficial, tho undeniably bad when misused. So kid's dont do drug's! Lol and adults do them in a responsible manner:)
fender1985
UKFM Member

Re: the magical plant

Postby hamstergirl » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:33 pm

Hi

I have never or never will take an recreational/illegal drug no matter what pain I'm in.

I have children and would like to set them an example. While you are gettin pain relief from this, you could suffer from other problems related to this drug.

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby fender1985 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:48 pm

like alcohol. Cig's. Coffee. All can damage you. Alcohol ofcourse being the only true comparision. The painkillers are damaging and also used recreationally. Upholding the law is a good thing but i wont feel guilty cooking abit of plant for pain relief and pleasure or downloading a few albums because i cannot afford to buy them. I dont condone breaking any law but i bet there are few policemen who would try and bust me cooking the stuff and i have no example's to set. My mum is quite happy to let me do it. I guess one's morals can be their savour but also their block on a good thing. Everyone's differant i guess:)
fender1985
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:00 pm

my concerns are that the plant in question has been "fiddled" with and now is often grown in forced unnatural condtions and its natural properties have become concentrated leading to increases in the nasty side effects like mental illness. it aint the same thing as it was in the 60s (or even late 80s)
NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby fender1985 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:24 pm

that is very true. I'd be lying if i said i didnt like it stronger. It lasts me longer but yes its not totally natural but even grown wild its not made for our brains. Its a wonder it has the given effect. It is made of the same genetic language as us as we and that plant share a common ancestor. So although you cant blame some people for seeing it as a gift from the heavens, its just one of evolution's many wonders. So people have to weigh up their option's, some people are prone to mental illness. The plant definatly a no no before adulthood. I myself have little fun. I have no hobbie's beside's watching science documentaries and listening to music. It's wat my body allows. For people with fm and similar illnesses the rules change. Everyone is free to think what they want and as i am a very level headed person i cannot deny the reasons not to try/do it but as a victim of a nasty illness and pathetic life. Well the freedom i get from stress and pain every month or so when i do it is more than worth it. Its nice to feel better for a day. I cant run or play guitar but i can sit quite comfy and relax and enjoy company better and the tv is better when u have had it:)
fender1985
UKFM Member

Postby Donna Day » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:33 pm

I smoke the plant just 2 or 3 roll ups in the evenings help loads! I also have a friend with MS who smoke's and without it she would not be able to move her arms at all. It helps with the stiffness these illnesses bring on us! So if it helps then use it for medicinal reasons
Donna

I JUST WANT TO BE ME AGAIN
Donna Day
UKFM Member

Postby fender1985 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:43 pm

I agree! i think too many people think. 'Its a drug! It's illegal' I dont wanna sound like i go against the law but if something makes your life easier and isnt hurting anyone else. The plant will ruin lives if it's abused, just like alcohol but for people suffering, it could be liberating.
fender1985
UKFM Member

Postby Donna Day » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

I don't condone the missuse of any drug it just brings missery. But i do think that if you have a valid reason for using pot/weed then you should be able to grow your own plants, then you'll no what the strength is and what is in it! I saw a documentry on it not long ago and one person was sprinkling crushed glass in to the bud of the plants so they were heavier! I do think the drug rules in this country are ridiculous because there is so much out there on te streets and who knows whats in it? Just my oppinion and don't expect others to agree!
Donna

I JUST WANT TO BE ME AGAIN
Donna Day
UKFM Member

Postby fender1985 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:03 pm

well i agree. When it give's abit of relief or happiness why should we go without. So we are forced to break the law and risk getting dodgy stuff. I do however think it should be for people who need it. Its a tricky subject. Too many young people take it. It should be legal for 21 and over and buying it legally should be monitored so it cant be abused. Like a controlled legal substance. Who knows but the laws here are stupid. Cant blame it though. Too many children smoking it. I tried it at 15. Too easy. Still thats no reason to stop people using it, who's quality of life is improved by the stuff.
fender1985
UKFM Member

Postby hamstergirl » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:17 pm

I think everyone has a right to put in their body whatever they want whether illegal or not. Like velvet said if you get a dodgy pot then the effects might be different than just pain relief.

I'm saying that because I've seen first hand what effects it has on a family when addiction occurs. It was occassional cannabis at first then he needed it more and more. We all suffered watching him slowly go downhill (he's clean now after 5 years) so him taking drugs effected us all.

I don't take any drugs for fm. I take painkillers very occassionally and since buying a tens machine, have taken none. Any kind of drugs scare me. Yes alcohol is a like a drug.

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby Min » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:48 pm

I think it's appalling that we can't be prescribed it legally with the components that make the 'high' removed. It is available.

(Queen Victoria used to take it for period pain)
Donate for free to fibro & M.E. charities by using by using Everyclick as your search engine
Min
UKFM Member

Postby velvet » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:12 pm

NEW
velvet
UKFM Regular

Postby Mr.A » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:22 pm

Last edited by Mr.A on Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby hamstergirl » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:33 pm

Mr A - in my previous post I state that I do not take any medication whatsoever including painkillers. I'm in terrible pain most days, sometimes agony but I lay down, stretch, massage use tens machine and if that fails I distract myself by meditation.

My mum in law says that's why I'm in pain because I don't painkillers. I have taken them in past and still in pain. Last month I tried ami (only because hospital said they can't help me if I don't take meds). I took them for a month and decided what's the point.

However if there was a tablet that gave me back my life 100% I would give it a go.

I'm not judging or criticising anyone for what they do, I'm stating I hate any type of drug, legal and illegal.

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:55 pm

Firstly... if anyone recommends to others that they try an illegal drug you will be banned. Also remember you are posting on an open forum which can be seen by anyone not just members.

Secondly if you do take it then it's up to you but be warned... if you suffer from any kind of depression it will make your downs a lot worse than they would normally be and defeats the object. Also it can and probably will cause you some form of mental problems BUT you won't know. Those around you will probably notice a difference in your moods but you will feel like you are behaving normally. It can cause scitzophrenc tendencies, if not induce full blown scitzophrenia then some form of delusional behaviour... again you won't know you are displaying them but others will notice.

The 'new' form which is stronger has a much greater chance of messing with your brain.

Also please please please don't take this alongside other drugs... it can make you forgetful and not care. Lisa and I lost a very good friend a couple fo years ago due to this very problem. Neil is sadly missed by his family and friends and will not be around to see his boys grow up.

Oh and 'we share a common ancestor' WTF :shock: Foxglove cake anyone?
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to Help / Tips on Coping