Wheelchair

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Wheelchair

Postby flyingscotsman » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:18 am

My mobility has got worse over the last few months.. To the stage I have stopped going to the shops or even going for a day out .. I contacted my GP who did agree that a wheelchair would be a benifit for me however it could take some time as there is such a waiting list .. She did suggest the Red Cross .. I did get in touch with them and yes they c=would lend me a wheelchair but it would only be for a short time ..

I decided to search the internet for an alternative .. I found acompny called Betterlife Healthcare.. I phoned them and for £85 including P&P i received a new wheelchair the next day (yesterday) .. I was really surprised with the quality .. I thought they sold reconditioned chairs but no these are brand new .. So looking forward to be able to go out with my wife again to the shopping centres ..

:D ... John
flyingscotsman
UKFM Member

Re: Wheelchair

Postby budda » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:01 pm

Sorry to hear your mobility has got worse, but good for you John to get out there and do something about it, the only downfall is, that you go shopping with your wife, us woman like to shop, and spend, hope you have plenty of money ha ha :lol: ,enjoy it, keep well.
budda
UKFM Regular

Return to Help / Tips on Coping