[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - help?

help?

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

help?

Postby bling » Fri May 07, 2010 8:20 pm

I am a very frustrated 32 year old women, who just get passed from one doc to the next. I have just read all about fibomalgia and feel strong that is what is going on. My dad also has it. I am very over weight and woundered if people think this does not help? Also how do i get the docs to take me serious? any advice or thought please
bling
UKFM Member

Re: help?

Postby denys » Fri May 07, 2010 9:38 pm

hi Bling, print out some of the information regarding fibro symptoms plus a list of your own and take them with you when you next go to the docs, being overweight doesnt particularly help but not everything can be blamed on how much a person weighs. Hope you get some help soon :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sat May 08, 2010 4:33 pm

HI
Your Gp should take you serious as your dad has fibro.
Do you have the same GP?.

ASk your GP to refer you to see a Rheumy or the neuro team to get a DX. Once you get the DX then that will be your starting post, you will then be able to sort out what meds would suit you.

Pain meds can make us gain weight but its better for you if you can manage to do some form of exercise.

Any questions just ask.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby princess » Sat May 08, 2010 6:05 pm

I agree with our mod, print off the symptoms and tick them off if you have them.
Also ask for a referral to your local Rhumatologist - as they can diagnose FM easily.
Hope you get an answer soon.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Return to Help / Tips on Coping