[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - What helps you each day.

What helps you each day.

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

What helps you each day.

Postby princess » Sat May 08, 2010 6:09 pm

I have put this down before but as we have new members i thought it may be beneficial for some of you.

Easy pull on trousers - get them for £6 in Matalan in various colours.
Slip on shoes
no buttons, no zips
Short hair easy to wash with your body under the shower
old duvet under you sheet, makes it more comfortable to sleep
Memory foam if you can afford it.
A metal pole grip - for if you drop something and cant bend down
Rubber jar opener - Betterware for £3
Electric can opener

Anyone got any other tips?????
princess
UKFM Regular

Re: What helps you each day.

Postby shazq » Sat May 08, 2010 6:17 pm

walk i shower
grab handles in bathroom
shower seat
crab rails either side of stairs
shoe horn to help put shoes on
Tens machine
electric toothbrush
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby nanatigtig » Sun May 09, 2010 7:49 am

A Wonderful Husband
nanatigtig
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun May 09, 2010 7:23 pm

As well as a wonderful OH and a DS that does things after a bit of nagging (and threatening to take away his gaming access) I have all my meds in one of those boxes that does a week, with the times of each day on it so OH can keep check on what I've taken as I'm terrible at forgetting to take them. I also try to buy clothes in fabrics that don't need ironing so they can be washed, dried and put straight away.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Mon May 10, 2010 12:41 am

Hot water bottles and/or heat pads
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby jessicafarley » Thu May 27, 2010 10:13 pm

jessicafarley
UKFM Newbie

Postby tireesix » Fri May 28, 2010 8:01 am

I would also have to add my DH thanks to his absolutely wicked sense of humour (and by wicked I mean evil, most would be shocked I think but he really makes me laugh) and also my children cos they be absolutely crazy and make me laugh as well!
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby foggyhead01 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:44 pm

Limiting how many times i can go up stairs.
Lots of rest
Pacing
Not doing too much
Not doing an forms of exercise after 8pm
One mile walk a day helps
Working
Wearing dark er sunglasses
Being comfortable at night.
foggyhead01
UKFM Member

Postby jud » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:46 pm

A good soak in a warm bath. I have also invested in a mat that sits in the bottom of the bath that turns it into a jacuzzi, it is marvelous. The trouble is though once in it I don't want to get out and when I do I look like a prune LOL!!!!!!!

Jude
jud
UKFM Member

Postby Hedgewitch » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:20 am

My doctor has urged me for years to start a graded exercise programe and I never did. I've had huge problems with depression and motivating myself to exercise or making myself go outside was impossible, UNTIL...you'll think this is insane... I got two puppies! My husband and GP and I reckoned that I would be able to walk more as the puppies started to manage longer walks AND it's worked! My pain is bad, it is especially bad this morning but seeing the pups every morning makes me so happy and they bring me joy every day. As far as helping with depression goes, I was pretty much agraphobic and had gone from being very sociable to a recluse but now everyone talks to me when I'm out with the pups and before I've even had a chance to think about it I've joined the conversation and I'm aware that I walk away smiling. It has been unbelievable! 10yrs of fibro and now, the pups have changed my life!

xxxxxxxx
'to thine own self be true'
Hedgewitch
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:36 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Help / Tips on Coping