[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - what can i do to get my life back?

what can i do to get my life back?

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

what can i do to get my life back?

Postby bling » Tue May 18, 2010 9:46 pm

I am only 32 years old, i am waiting for a diagnoise, my dad has fibro and with my symtoms i really think i have it too. i am so limited to what i can do as i find it hard to walk very far. i have very bad fatigue and pain all over my body. I am off work sick, so only got day time telly for company during the day. My girlfriend has left me as she did not fully understand. My best friend is getting married and so she has a hen do planned. i just had to say wait and see for me attending. I hate my life right now and cant see an end to it. Will it get better?
bling
UKFM Member

Re: what can i do to get my life back?

Postby denys » Tue May 18, 2010 10:54 pm

Hi Bling

Sorry to hear you are going through it at the moment, please keep your chin up :hugs: Can you talk to your Dad about what helps him to cope. Look around the site, I'm sure you will find things to help you, I hope you feel better soon :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Wed May 19, 2010 8:10 am

Hi
If you have a look at the support groups thread there maybe a group in your local area, making friends does help.
asked your GP to refer you for a pain course once you have been DX.

Just take it day by day, explain to your friends how fibro will affect your every day living and that you cant commit to anything as you wont know how you are going to be feeling.
If you have friends who dont understand how it effects you then print of some info and ask them to read it.

Are you able to talk to your dad?

Stick around the forum and i am sure you will make friends, there are also a lot of groups on FB as well if you use that.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Carrieanne » Tue May 25, 2010 1:30 pm

I have been there with a partner leaving.....he left me in a shed load of debt. I then had to be happy for my best friend getting engaged and married. I have been told it gets better and it really will. Coping with everything else on top of such sadness is really hard I know but I am a year down the line and I am ok. I am mid flare up and dealing with the next lot of crap life has thrown at me but I stay positive because I know there is someone else much worse off.

Deal with things day by day. What if you go to hen do but stay for a little while, you might regret it if you don't go.

Hope that helps in some way!!

Take care my lovely xx
Carrie
Carrieanne
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Wed May 26, 2010 11:02 am

If you can get diagnosed, you can then pursue treatment. Have you talked to your GP about it all and maybe asked to be referred to a rheumatologist or Fibro clinic?
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Return to Help / Tips on Coping