Head sweats...

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Head sweats...

Postby moonbeam » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:16 pm

Hello everyone

Not been on for a while, I think I have been trying to ignore the fact that I have FM but, no good, it controls my life so might as well stop trying to pretend it doesnt, and if I have to live with it its better living with it with the help and support of you guys!

i know some of you suffer bad head sweats like I do but has anyone ever had any help with them or suggestions of how to reduce them?

I went to the Dr a few days ago as they are really bad, I struggle so much to shower every morning and several times a day my hair is drenched again looking like I have literally just stepped out of the shower. It drips off my nose, chin etc, I hate it. The rest of my body just sweats at a normal rate but my head and face are constantly wet, I saw a young doctor, not long qualified and she said she would look into it if I go back in a week and she'll let me know what shes found out. In the meantime she wants me to go for bloods to test thyroid function.

So if any of you have any advice..........it'd be gratefully rec'd, as always

Thanks x
moonbeam
UKFM Member

Re: Head sweats...

Postby denys » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:42 pm

Hi Moonbeam :welcome: back, sorry can't help with your particular problem but I'm sure someone who can will be around shortly :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:01 pm

:wave:

IMO this is not a symptom of fibro...

Maybe a virus? infection or my mum suffered bad sweats from the menopause (not sure if your in that age bracket)

Hope they find out what it is soon :hugs:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby tireesix » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:16 am

Nope, I get this too sorta, except I sweat ridiculously, every where, but yeah, I end up with dripping hair and its really embarrassing, been to Docs, there is nowt they can do except give me stuff for hands and feet.

According to my Doc, its due to the pain and the fact that everything is bloody hard. I am no where near as bad in the winter but then its colder.
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby lizfin » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:42 pm

hi, i have bad head sweats also and i was told it was part of fm now after readimg this post im confused :dunno: im on hrt and they dont help with the head sweats, :nono: i take thyroxine for under active thyroid. i do sweat all over but the sweat drips of my nose and my hair is always wet, if you read some of the older posts there are a lot of ppl with the same as us moonbeam ...................... :hugs:
lizfin
UKFM Member

Postby maximoe » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:59 pm

I Moonbeam & everyone else,
I Suffer very badly with Head Sweats,Full body sweats, I av now given-up getting dressed during the day /night time because me clothes just stick 2 me , i av 2 electric fan in my room on/off all day long, but when i'm dry i just feel realy cold & wet/clamy :cry:
My doc is trying 2 convince me its the menopause, but had a total hysterestomy about 15yrs ago which means i would be pre-menopausel already, and this day/night sweating only started about 4yrs ago, which was not long after my DX. But i 2 av an under active thyroid, & i take 250mc daily, so my bet is it is how your thyroid is afecting your body on that day, I could b wrong but this is only my oppinion.

:grouphug: 2 u all, & hope ur getting plenty of pain relive
luv maximoe :wink:
maximoe
UKFM Newbie

Postby fibro 78 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:12 pm

I suffer with head and body sweats ,i have no idea why i get them but i am wet though.
I do have a thyroid problem but mine is both under/over but i have my thyroid checked regularly ,but i do know that this could be a sin tum for diabetes so i have had this checked to ,as my dad had it too.

warm hugs :grouphug:
i am a 32 yr old women who is engaged to a wonderful man and i have 4 beautiful children 3 girls and 1 boy.
fibro 78
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping