Has anyone heard of Serrepeptase

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Has anyone heard of Serrepeptase

Postby denys » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:27 pm

Hi I've just been speaking to a girl who has FM amongst other problems and she has started taking Serrepeptase from the health shop. It was recommended by her aunty who also suffers with FM, has anyone heard of it :?: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: Has anyone heard of Serrepeptase

Postby budda » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:07 pm

sorry never heared of it, is it suppose to help the FM, then i would like to know myself.
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:15 am

word of mouth says it does, but looking it up on the internet there doesnt seem to be any valid proof of this :( its expensive £20 for 10 days supply, it's supposed to be an anti immflamatory which by its nature would not help FM, reading the blurb about the claims for its efficacy they state that there are 2 types of FM :yikes: :yikes: and it seems to make really strange claims about it being good for things from heart attacks to diabetes, dont think I'll be trying it, even though its being hailed by some to be a wonder cure :nono: :crazy: :crazy:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:08 pm

I would always check with your GP before taking any over the counter meds/herbal/natural remedies etc to be on the safe side especially if your taking other medications....
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby budda » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:31 pm

Yes Deny and LIsa thanks again.
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby LinzWorld » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:30 pm

Many people with Fibro also have other issues that may be inflammatory in nature or cause inflammation, e.g. arthritis, severe myofascial issues, even hypermobility syndrome (dislocations can cause inflammation). So relying on word of mouth for whether something like this works is very dubious. Someone might be feeling better because a supplement they're taking addresses an issue they have alongside Fibro. But if you have Fibro, but not the extra issue, it wouldn't help you.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Return to Help / Tips on Coping