[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Yoga/book living with fibromylagia

Yoga/book living with fibromylagia

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Yoga/book living with fibromylagia

Postby Legend35 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:50 pm

Hi all . I have recently bought a wii consule with the wii sports disc. Have started doing the yoga which really helps my body and mind.Also bought a book from amazon living with fibromylagia, Hope this helps.
Legend35
UKFM Newbie

Re: Yoga/book living with fibromylagia

Postby shazq » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:24 pm

Hi
I also have the yoga but are not well enough to do it yet, migraines stop me form doing so much. :(

Good luck with it, hope it helps. :flowers:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Kestrel » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Hi
I used to do yoga a lot before I was diagnosed with fibro ... but I knew I had hypermobility. Recently .. again before the fibro diagnosis, my physio told me I should never have done yoga as my hamstrings are too long!!! :? Now I know I have fibro too, but haven't seen my physio yet. He did suggest however that I do pilates. Does anyone else use pilates to help them?
xx
Kestrel
UKFM Newbie

Postby HazelB » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:46 pm

I recently started attending a dru yoga class, and have managed to do 2 full one hour classes without ending up in bed for days afterwards.

Dru yoga is a very gentle form of yoga, and many of the positions can be done seated (only reason I can do a full class ). Also, they use visualisation so if you can't physically do the move, you do what you are able to - and visualise doing the full stretch.

While I am tired afterwards, I have found it does not significantly raise my pain levels xxx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby MichelleJ » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:09 pm

I got that book soon after I was diagnosed, found it on the book rack in my local chemist. Found it incredibly helpful in learning about what I had and learning to live with it.
Dx with fibromyalgia m.e/Cfs and asthma
MichelleJ
UKFM Member

Postby zooka » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:54 am

Yoga is the best one exercise to stay fit and healthy one. Yoga also help's in many aspect's to bodily disease's and some spiritually benefit's also.... Many of the person's got much better result's physically and spiritually from yoga.....
zooka
UKFM Newbie

Return to Help / Tips on Coping